Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lol thought I clicked last page instead I clicked page 5 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is it possible to use the 500 game list to pre-order a game for 3 euro? id prefer to get rid of the games I have in mind now rather than when LA Noire comes out(the new release game I have in mind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    is it possible to use the 500 game list to pre-order a game for 3 euro? id prefer to get rid of the games I have in mind now rather than when LA Noire comes out(the new release game I have in mind)
    nope has to be out now

ok so, shame

CPR sigh trade the games now for whatever game is most expensive instore at the moment!! Go back into store an hour later and say the game isn't what u wanted and look for store credit. It's the best way to get maximum value for your money and it should easily cover la noire ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone know how much i'd get for Fight Night Champion,wouldn't mind getting Portal 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You dOnt need to preorder stuff with that 3 quid deal. I walked in on Friday with 3 games and took mk. No preorder at all.

Is there any more bargains around? As I am all out of those games in list and I don't whana give anymore of my games.

All this 3 quid deal looks like some sinister plan.... Somehow I feel it will bite us gamers in to arse later on...

You dOnt need to preorder stuff with that 3 quid deal. I walked in on Friday with 3 games and took mk. No preorder at all.

Is there any more bargains around? As I am all out of those games in list and I don't whana give anymore of my games.

All this 3 quid deal looks like some sinister plan.... Somehow I feel it will bite us gamers in to arse later on...

Nobody said u havevto preorder with that deal????? That's obvious it's any new release for 3 games and 3 euro but games are limited as to what they will take as a trade!

Best value is online watch zavvi.com amazon.co.uk play.com or the likes of those big online stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Anyone trade in a game into the €3 deal that wasnt on the list

tonydude wrote: »
    Anyone trade in a game into the €3 deal that wasnt on the list
    Think it's just what's on the list they are fairly strict about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

penev10 wrote: »
    Damn, sold out! frown.gif
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Went to order Blur and went to finalise the purchase, said there was none left, sickened! Must keep an eye on gamestop this weekend!

http://www.toys.ie/BLUR-PS3-!G10616-prod.aspx
    http://www.toys.ie/BLUR-X360-!G10615-prod.aspx

Best I can do ;)

Speaking of which!
    Gamestop are also giving away something small when you scan the QR code from the €3 trade-in sheet/leaflet and show the resulting page at the counter in every Gamestop shop.
    http://twitter.com/#!/GameStopIreland/status/60750415817474049

Have no idea what you get when you do show it to them though. Probably just a neck/lanyard thing like the free thing that came in the lucky bag a while back. Who knows.

How's that for modern technology, Calex :pac:

It's a cadbury creme egg! :pac:

HxGH wrote: »
    It's a cadbury creme egg! :pac:
    oh dear god gamestop have hit an alltime low:o LOL

BEEN LOOKING FOR COLLECTORS EDITIONS OF GAMES RECENTLY.... any bargains to be had in stores around your areas?

oh dear god gamestop have hit an alltime low:o LOL

You mightn't get one at this stage. I ate many.... I have no regrets!

BEEN LOOKING FOR COLLECTORS EDITIONS OF GAMES RECENTLY.... any bargains to be had in stores around your areas?

Here you are my good man. A fine copy of Halo Reach Collectors Edition.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/35401_Xbox_360_Halo_Reach_Collectors_Edition.aspx

Here you are my good man. A fine copy of Halo Reach Collectors Edition.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/35401_Xbox_360_Halo_Reach_Collectors_Edition.aspx
    jesus thats cheap its a shame i payed full whack release day :(

looking for fable 3 collectors halo wars collectors fable can be gotten for around 26 euro i reckon and halo wars maybe 18 im thinkin

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

jesus thats cheap its a shame i payed full whack release day :(

looking for fable 3 collectors halo wars collectors fable can be gotten for around 26 euro i reckon and halo wars maybe 18 im thinkin

Last time I was in the Gamestop on Liffey St ( near the Haypenny Bridge) they had a 2nd hand copy of Halo Wars Collectors edition in the metal box. Think it was about €15.

Been at least 3 week since I was last in there though.

i reckon gamestop wont honour the 3 euro deal for la noire so might be safer to trade in a new release and pre-order. dont like the word "selected" new release on the list of games

i reckon gamestop wont honour the 3 euro deal for la noire so might be safer to trade in a new release and pre-order. dont like the word "selected" new release on the list of games
    just get the highest value game instore and then return it unopened for full store credit...

well thats what im doing anyways and its working a charm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Please be warned. The following post contains absolutely no facts.
    I think somebody said on here that they're honouring it, hence why it's ending on May 20th. You'd just have to pick it up on launch day

Again, I think someone said on here that it's €6/8 in HMV. I wouldn't know, I try to avoid hipster-filled dungeons (now that's a fact)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ya, gonna check out hmv for a cheap copy of blur. imo HMV are the best game shop at the mo. Best prices, excellent trade in prices and the staff (crescent, limerick) are always dead on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

You definitely can do it, I went in with 3 quid and was assured that I only had to return with my 3 games from the list when LA Noire comes out to pick it up. Once the game is due out before the offer is over (end of May I think).

Anyone care to find out if you can get the soundtrack + DLC with LA Noire?

Healium wrote: »
    Anyone care to find out if you can get the soundtrack + DLC with LA Noire?

Yupp, preorder in Gamestop and you get slip of the tongue dlc and soundtrackm heading in today to pre-book mine.

on la noire thread, someone said gamestops in cork will be closed on day of release for the queen??????????

Yupp, preorder in Gamestop and you get slip of the tongue dlc and soundtrackm heading in today to pre-book mine.

on la noire thread, someone said gamestops in cork will be closed on day of release for the queen??????????

yea, bloody hope that isnt the case. how many people care about the queen here? maybe i need to pre-order in Ballincollig, thats far enough away from the city i hope!

Yeah, but can you do it with the 3 used games/€3 offer?

Healium wrote: »
    Yeah, but can you do it with the 3 used games/€3 offer?

Don't know, gf is buying it for my bday :D boardsie Freeman works in gamestop, he might be able to tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Gamestop closing for the Queen WTF!!!!!
    1658_suicide-logo-small.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Eurogamer are giving a code for £2 off preorders on Zavvi.com

All you need to do is head over to Eurogamer, and redeem your voucher code (need to create an account if you dont already have one) and then add the code to your basket on Zavvi.com when preordering anything off of this list of eligible preorders.

Some nice prices to begin with over there on some titles. Prices below include £2 off in price.

Saw Brink on PC for £21.85 delivered (about €25)

Duke Nukem on PC too for £22.85 delivered

Also comes with a 'free' Tshirt. Make what you will of that!
    Duke1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement