Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Fable III (3): Collector's Edition Xbox 360 - £17.85

Free delivery I think?
    http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/fable-iii-3-collector-s-edition/10215179.html

Is the game any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Fable III (3): Collector's Edition Xbox 360 - £17.85 Free delivery I think? http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/fable-iii-3-collector-s-edition/10215179.html

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I reluctantly ordered it today from Zavvi (€29) because of some bullsh!t my €21 order didn't go thru 2 weeks ago. But I just cancelled my order and ordered this at a svelt €20.28 w/ free delivery. What a result! :):):)

Clicky for the GT video review : 706740-t_fable3_vr_gt_hd.jpg

I was a huge fan of Fable II and so it looks pretty good. At least as good as II but with a different twist. Well worth the €21 I'd say :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

jaykhunter wrote: »
    At least as good as II but with a different twist.
    It's nowhere near as good as II

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's nowhere near as good as II

Well I'll get back to you in a few weeks about that :)

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (360
    ) for £12.85 (w/ Free Delivery)

Mass Effect 2 (PS3) for £24.85 (w/ Free Delivery)

are really good prices! I haven't seen ME2 for the PS3 around cheaper, anyone? Dead Space 2 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I reluctantly ordered it today from Zavvi (€29) because of some bullsh!t my €21 order didn't go thru 2 weeks ago. But I just cancelled my order and ordered this at a svelt €20.28 w/ free delivery. What a result! :):):)

Clicky for the GT video review : 706740-t_fable3_vr_gt_hd.jpg

I was a huge fan of Fable II and so it looks pretty good. At least as good as II but with a different twist. Well worth the €21 I'd say :cool:

Had a similar experience with Zavvi, problems with Paypal when they finally processed my Borderlands GOTY edition. I was waiting nearly 2 months for them to process it though!

It was €21.45 originally, had to get onto customer service today and cancel the order, then make a new one. I've been assured it will be filled this Thursday and it's only €17.45 now.

• Advertisement

Jayd0g wrote: »
    I've been assured it will be filled this Thursday and it's only €17.45 now.

It says £17.85 Free Delivery on thehut.com have u found it cheaper???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Steam have 40% off Arma 2 & Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, they come to around €24

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

omerin wrote: »
    Steam have 40% off Arma 2 & Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, they come to around €24

For bouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

For bouth?
    Yes, get "combined operations", or buy them separately for 1 cent less. lol.

• Advertisement

It says £17.85 Free Delivery on thehut.com have u found it cheaper???

Yup on Zavvi when viewed in Euro prices:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/borderlands-game-of-the-year-edition/10240125.html

Strangely enough it's the exact same price as the regular edition.....

Ah, I think you may have misread my earlier post. I ordered Borderlands GOTY, not Fable 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know if splinter cell can still be bought for €2 in Gamestop if any game is traded in..?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Healium wrote: »
    Yeah, but can you do it with the 3 used games/€3 offer?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

rickyjb wrote: »
    Yes
    Shush, I waited in line for 15 minutes in Gamestop today to get information :p

So yeah, if you do the 3 used games/€3 offer in Gamestop, you can get the soundtrack and pre-order DLC. But, you need to book in advance, and there's a €3 deposit (convenient!)

Also, I was walking past Xtra-Vision today, and they're offering something like;

250GB Xbox Slim
    Throat mic
    HDMI cable
    Halo Reach
    Fable 3
    A choice of a game from a list (Portal 2 is included, as is the new Need For Speed I think)

€290

Didn't think it was a bad offer

Aaaaaaand, Halo Reach Limited Edition seems to be €19.98 in-store on Gamestop (€17.98 online + €2 delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Throat mic

Whats a throat mic?? Same thing Ned uses?

charaktere_ned.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Whats a throat mic?? Same thing Ned uses?

charaktere_ned.jpg

Basically can pick your voice clearly via your throat if you even whisper suits those of us with kids and suits bed too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Shush, I waited in line for 15 minutes in Gamestop today to get information :p

So yeah, if you do the 3 used games/€3 offer in Gamestop, you can get the soundtrack and pre-order DLC. But, you need to book in advance, and there's a €3 deposit (convenient!)
    How much are gamestop charging for la noire?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tinie wrote: »
    How much are gamestop charging for la noire?

49.99 in store or 44.99 online (not including delivery charges)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Eurogamer have an article up about a new bargain alerts game site
    Might be bookmarking SavvyGamer myself, there seem to be some gems on there (360 wired controller for £16!)

It'll usually be less of a bargain for everybody back home thanks to shipping/crap exchange rates, but still might be worth a look every now and again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aaaaaaand, Halo Reach Limited Edition seems to be €19.98 in-store on Gamestop (€17.98 online + €2 delivery)

It is. I was going to but it before it was pointed out to me that I could buy the Legendary Edition for a tenner more. So I did and got the last one.

As to what I'm going to do with this monstrosity of a statue, I have no idea.

It is. I was going to but it before it was pointed out to me that I could buy the Legendary Edition for a tenner more. So I did and got the last one.

As to what I'm going to do with this monstrosity of a statue, I have no idea.

Burn it, piss on it, bin it, lick it, chop it, sell it to halo fanboy ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

JoWood special this week on gog. Highlight imo being Gothic 2 for $3.99.

Fairplay to Gamestop, I just went in with two games from the new list and one from the old one and they accepted it due to the old game still being on the system. When I was queuing another customer came in asking about an EA game and it was nice to hear them telling them that whey would have to pay an additional charge if they tried to play online (when ever PSN is back up).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

padair wrote: »
    Fairplay to Gamestop, I just went in with two games from the new list and one from the old one and they accepted it due to the old game still being on the system. When I was queuing another customer came in asking about an EA game and it was nice to hear them telling them that whey would have to pay an additional charge if they tried to play online (when ever PSN is back up).

How the hell is that fair play to them??? Did they offer any kind of extra discount, or was it the usual couple of quid off the brand new retail price?

Fair play would be them giving a cut of their ridiculous profits back to the publishers, or giving the punter an MS/PSN points card to compensate for selling them a partial product...

tman wrote: »
    How the hell is that fair play to them??? Did they offer any kind of extra discount, or was it the usual couple of quid off the brand new retail price?

Fair play would be them giving a cut of their ridiculous profits back to the publishers, or giving the punter an MS/PSN points card to compensate for selling them a partial product...

They were selling it at their price and they told the customer how much extra it was then gonig to cost. It is then up to the customer so yeah , fair play to them.

Maybe there should be a law where buying second had stuff is compleatly illegal. No second hand games no second hand cars etc.

padair wrote: »

The lads in local gamestop are very very good. I know there is a general hate to gamestop, but this is a business not a donation.
    Ont thing I love about them: they are actually gamers them selfs, they know what the. Selling, allways can have a friendly chat even if you don't buy anything. They get me games from ather gamestops if I am looking for them. Allways very helpful. Newer problems with returns or trade ins. Allways tell me better value even if that means no sale for them.

I spent a small fortune in theyr shop in 6 years. Allways was happy. Any new release I preorder with them. I buy only older games on sales online too.

Good quality salesman in gamestops are really good. I hate buying games in cork and when salesman have played only once in his life and that was snake on his nokia....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

tman wrote: »

aw c'mon tman thats a bit unfair , the thing i like about gamestop (at least my two local ones) is that gamers work there , im a regular customer of theres and if i inquire about a game and they think its s*it , they will tell you . also if a game is a few days away from coming down in price they inform me of that also , there not that bad in all fairness compared to others , but if i was trading in my used games i would shop around for the best trade-in price. there can be a huge difference in price returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

Dead Space 2 - £18.00

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

colm21 wrote: »
    Dead Space 2 - £18.00
    eh....Where????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement