Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

Cex gr8 bargins to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

eh....Where????
    Amazon have it for that price on the xbox360. Unless you're gonna spend over £25, you'll need to add delivery on top of that though. If you are gonna spend over £25 then the delivery is free.

Or €22.49 on Play.com delivered.

Also quite cheap on the PC too at about €15

Same thing applies with amazon delivery though.

i often buy games from play.com cause they always do them cheaper and theres no delivery charge to pay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

colm21 wrote: »
    i often buy games from play.com cause they always do them cheaper and theres no delivery charge to pay. :)

Play screw you on the exchange rate, take a game at £39.99 that should be €45 but they charge you €49.99

padair wrote: »
    Play screw you on the exchange rate, take a game at £39.99 that should be €45 but they charge you €49.99
    Yeah, that turned me off Play for ages. But even with the shocking conversion rate, some of their prices are still the best around. Although I do like it when there is a price match on another site that allows us to purchase in pounds. Best of both worlds.

• Advertisement

I've never had any problems with play.com and i have been using them since 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Yeah, that turned me off Play for ages. But even with the shocking conversion rate, some of their prices are still the best around. Although I do like it when there is a price match on another site that allows us to purchase in pounds. Best of both worlds.

What site's offer price comparisons..?

Try compare.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Used play.com religiously when living in the UK but their retarded, borderline-offensive exchange rate turned me off completely.

I use this to check.
    http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

A little buggy sometimes, as in, sometimes gets the platform mixed up when looking up games and displays euro prices as pounds in the addon.

Great addon though. Saved me a fortune over the years.
    You'll soon find out that a load of sites tend to have the product you're looking up at the same price. That's most likely because they are from the same group of retailers (thehut.com, zavvi, asda).
    It can be turned off too if you find it annoying when going onto some sites where it pops up with a price comparison when you dont want it to.

• Advertisement

I use this to check.
    http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

A little buggy sometimes, as in, sometimes gets the platform mixed up when looking up games and displays euro prices as pounds in the addon.

Great addon though. Saved me a fortune over the years.
    You'll soon find out that a load of sites tend to have the product you're looking up at the same price. That's most likely because they are from the same group of retailers (thehut.com, zavvi, asda).
    It can be turned off too if you find it annoying when going onto some sites where it pops up with a price comparison when you dont want it to.

Very interesing find, i must download it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Civ V is 15 euro in Gamestop. BARGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Civ V is 15 euro in Gamestop. BARGAIN.
    Do you know if you could redeem the serial code on Steam?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GothPunk wrote: »

Yeah, its Steam only iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

<font color="black">What site's offer price comparisons..? </font>
    <br />
    <br />
    http://www.gamestracker.com/ is what I use. I also tend to select UK as country to compare the UK based online shops.

Yeah. It uses steamworks so you have to use steam with it. Pop the disc in and it'll install to steam and then auto update. Its the kind of game that benefits from steamworks integration.

Brilliant game, at a cracking price.

Yeah. It uses steamworks so you have to use steam with it. Pop the disc in and it'll install to steam and then auto update. Its the kind of game that benefits from steamworks integration.

Brilliant game, at a cracking price.

Lol dude, I know that much! I've been using Steam since Half Life 2 was released. :P Suppose it's best just to be sure people know these things though. I just wasn't sure if a Civ V serial code would work as I've had a few games that are sold on Steam that I own on disk but I can't link the serial code there. Suppose that's pretty rare these days though!

Lol dude, I know that much! I've been using Steam since Half Life 2 was released. :P Suppose it's best just to be sure people know these things though. I just wasn't sure if a Civ V serial code would work as I've had a few games that are sold on Steam that I own on disk but I can't link the serial code there. Suppose that's pretty rare these days though!

Ha. Sorry bout that goth. Was replying on my phone and didn't see who I was replying to. Should probably check who I'm replying to next time.

Your problem with the serial code not being registerable on steam is that It doesn't use steamworks. Just because its on steam doest mean it uses steamworks. Most games on steam don't use steamworks but more games are starting to use it like just cause 2, civ 5, all recent valve games, fallout new Vegas among others.
    Oh and I apologize if you already knew that last paragraph. :pac:

Ha. Sorry bout that goth. Was replying on my phone and didn't see who I was replying to. Should probably check who I'm replying to next time.

Your problem with the serial code not being registerable on steam is that It doesn't use steamworks. Just because its on steam doest mean it uses steamworks. Most games on steam don't use steamworks but more games are starting to use it like just cause 2, civ 5, all recent valve games, fallout new Vegas among others.
    Oh and I apologize if you already knew that last paragraph. :pac:
    Ah I was just joking around, I was beginning to think I've been spending to much time on the PS3 if someone needed to explain Steam to me. :pac: Yeah I hadn't realised that the older games I had redeemed (like Lost Planet and UTIII) used Steamworks so that got my wires crossed. In a way I wish all games did as it makes reinstalling everything on a fresh OS installation so much easier.

Sorry for the OT-ness everyone. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

tok9 wrote: »
    Gamestop are giving an additional 50% on trade in for this weekend.
    Do they do this every bank holiday or is it a rare or random thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Do they do this every bank holiday or is it a rare or random thing?

I'd say random. It wasn't really advertised and I didn't expect it at all. Pity i couldn't find one open when i wanted to trade in Crysis 2.

Anyone know what HMV or Game are offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pkano

Any one know how much resistance 2 or dead space 1 would be pre owned in Xtra vison?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Pkano wrote: »
    Any one know how much resistance 2 or dead space 1 would be pre owned in Xtra vison?

Should be 5-15 quid a piece. anymore than that and you're getting done in. I got DS1 last year for 12 on PS3 and me sis got it for 5 on 360 in Extra game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Pkano wrote: »

Not sure about Xtra Vision but I got Resistance 2 pre-owned in HMV for €11 a little while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pkano

I Got it from xtra vison for 10 euro couldnt see dead space 1 any where though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

does anyone know the list of new release available at the moment for the 3 games + 3 eurons deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

It's in the www.gamestop.ie website, I would link you to it but I'm posting on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    It's in the www.gamestop.ie website, I would link you to it but I'm posting on my phone.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/statics/Trade%20in%20500%20titles%20Euro.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Thanks for that link, been trying to get that list on to my phone for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

EA Games Week on Steam. Wewt. **** you EA games. Hooray EA Games!

Monday: Dragon Age Day! Hoping for a Mass Effect Day, wootwoot

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

50% Off all editions of Dragon Age: Origins and 25% off Dragon Age II

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement