Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I love the mentality behind pricing the DA:O Ultimate edition the same as the standard edition - €14.99.

Ultimate includes awakenings and all other DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Overheal wrote: »
    EA Games Week on Steam. Wewt. **** you EA games. Hooray EA Games!

Monday: Dragon Age Day! Hoping for a Mass Effect Day, wootwoot

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek

50% Off all editions of Dragon Age: Origins and 25% off Dragon Age II
    Yeah. Dragon Age 2 is really cheap on Play.com at the moment for €16.49
    Also as cheap on zavvi, thehut.com and asda too. Think it works out even cheaper with those three at £12.85.

That's almost €20 cheaper than Steam. I know which one I'd be going with if I wanted to get that game on the cheap.

I'd buy Mass Effect for Steam if it became available for next to nothing, just for handiness' sake.. Already own them and am playing through them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Up to 66% off NFS Shift today on Steam. Just under 7 euro. Hot Pursuit is half price and NFS Undercover has a nice discount too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

header_292x136.jpg?t=1281472260

Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
    for €3.40 - I think it might be time I finally get this game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

NFS Hot Pursuit (PC) is £14 in a number of places: [Link]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sims 3 40% off on Steam, 50% off all expansions. 75% off Sim City 4! SOLD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€27 for a game that's been out for 2 years isn't a bargain.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I agree completely. Although, it is one of the best prices around for it. Amazon is the only retailer coming close to that price.
    Sims 3 40% off on Steam, 50% off all expansions. 75% off Sim City 4! SOLD
    When it comes to Steam the % off is absolutely meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

ShaneU wrote: »

You talking about sims 3?

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You talking about sims 3?
    I'm assuming so.

Saw this on SavyGamer.co.uk.
    Brink can be gotten on PC from for £20.89 from MyMemory.co.uk. Not too sure about delivery charges though but from what I can gather it appears to be free delivery. Voucher code 'AMA5' needs to be applied to get it at that price. Also, registers with Steam too.

delivery is 2 gbp per item.

delivery is 2 gbp per item.
    Ooff. If that's the case, then I'd probably recommend going with thehut.com/zavvi for £23.85. You get a 'free' official anger bandana with your preorder.
    Brink4.jpg
    Possibly worth the extra pound in price.
    Not up my alley though.

If you pre-order Zelda 3DS over at amazon.de (Yes they deliver here - total price will be 42 odd euro) you get a free zelda case.
    It's not so much a bargain unless you wanted to buy the case for some reason anyway. Just thought I'd drop it in view of people who like playing zelda over and over.

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/66338-elder-scrolls-v--skyrim--for-pc
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PC £22.99 (Around 26 euro)
    Might get cheaper before November, but you can cancel pre-orders at coolshop from your account in one click.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PC £22.99 (Around 26 euro)
    Might get cheaper before November, but you can cancel pre-orders at coolshop from your account in one click.

Anyone bought from this lot before? I assume the free delivery only works if you're in the UK?

Anyone bought from this lot before? I assume the free delivery only works if you're in the UK?
    I have, and it was free.
    If you spend £30 there(doesn't have to be in the one go) they give you 1 "coolpoint" which is worth £1 off.
    Rather cool.

Just saw Vanquish and Singularity for that ps3 for €11.99 in HMV in dundrum. Damn good games at a brilliant price.
    Bioshock 2 for the Xbox was same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

LittleBigPlanet 2 (standard edition) is €35 in HMV - the cheapest I've seen in a bricks and mortar store.

It's about £25 on Amazon once you factor in the Irish VAT rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Game in dundrum have band hero full instrument set for xbox and ps3 for 50 euro new not bad considering this set was 199 new when released!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I see Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 going quite cheap on Steam. I have to say I know nothing about these games other than that they seem quite popular here. Worth getting?

• Advertisement

I see Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 going quite cheap on Steam. I have to say I know nothing about these games other than that they seem quite popular here. Worth getting?
    They're good if you like rpg and/or shooters and/or action games.
    1 is more rpg, and 2 is more shooter/action.

I might be thinking of bioshock, I always confuse those two for no reason whatsoever.
    I bought them in the christmas sale, so I'd say go for it.

2 very very good games get them and enjoy them

Just finished playing through them there for the third time. I love those games but they aren't for everyone. A slow start for ME1 turned me off. But I eventually went back and LOVE it now.
    you cant go wrong with €3.75 for Mass Effect 1. Give it a go and stick with it. You wont regret it. That is, if you kinda like RPG/shooters.

Think I'm gonna buy ME1 on Steam, just to have it really. I just bought all the DLC for my PC collector's edition that I got at launch so I'm not too sure if I'll bother with that one. Does anyone know if I do buy it on Steam, can I log into my Cerberus/Bioware account (linked to the Collector's edition) on the Steam edition and get all the DLC that I've bought already?

Fnz wrote: »
    LittleBigPlanet 2 (standard edition) is €35 in HMV - the cheapest I've seen in a bricks and mortar store.

It's about £25 on Amazon once you factor in the Irish VAT rate.
    Just got an email off thehut.com there
    Little Big Planet 2 is selling for £23.85 (not much of a difference there from Amazon)
    Metroid:Other M is selling for £9.85
    And
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is £14.85

Am really tempted by the last two since I missed out on Other M a while back when it was about €10 in GAME.

Also Halo: Reach is £14.85 too .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Just finished playing through them there for the third time. I love those games but they aren't for everyone. A slow start for ME1 turned me off. But I eventually went back and LOVE it now.
    you cant go wrong with €3.75 for Mass Effect 1. Give it a go and stick with it. You wont regret it. That is, if you kinda like RPG/shooters.

Think I'm gonna buy ME1 on Steam, just to have it really. I just bought all the DLC for my PC collector's edition that I got at launch so I'm not too sure if I'll bother with that one. Does anyone know if I do buy it on Steam, can I log into my Cerberus/Bioware account (linked to the Collector's edition) on the Steam edition and get all the DLC that I've bought already?
    Just bought ME1. Thanks for sharing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just got an email off thehut.com there

Kirby's Epic Yarn is £14.85

Wow thats a great price for Kirby , picked it up in hmv on Wednesday for my sons birthday yesterday for €40 .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

marko93 wrote: »
    Just bought ME1. Thanks for sharing :)
    just the 1? Youll be sorrrryyyy..... better get both

Crysis and Crysis:Warhead are on special on Steam for €3.74 and €2.49, respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Overheal wrote: »
    just the 1? Youll be sorrrryyyy..... better get both
    My laptop cant run it..

• Advertisement

Crysis and Crysis:Warhead are on special on Steam for €3.74 and €2.49, respectively.

Great value!! Think I'll have a gander at these

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement