Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Great value!! Think I'll have a gander at these
    Pretty sure Crysis doesn't run in 64 bit mode on the Steam version natively. I think you have to do a small bit of tweaking if you're interested.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1221787

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Cheersthanks for that..

This might be a bit pre-emptive, but 'The Witcher' will be on sale on GOG.com for $4.99.........in 4 days time!
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

This might be a bit pre-emptive, but 'The Witcher' will be on sale on GOG.com for $4.99.........in 4 days time!
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher?

I really wanted to get into the Witcher. The intro really grabbed me with the promise of an interesting world... but I couldn't stand the gameplay.

I want to be looking forward to the sequel as it *looks* awesome from the videos. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fnz wrote: »
    I really wanted to get into the Witcher. The intro really grabbed me with the promise of an interesting world... but I couldn't stand the gameplay.

I want to be looking forward to the sequel as it *looks* awesome from the videos. :(

I really want to finish it before the Witcher 2 comes out, but it can be such a slog at times. Considering using a walkthrough for the final chapter and a half just so that I can speed through the damn thing...

A really enjoyable game at times, but could do with being half the length and dropping a lot of the padding imo... Well worth getting for a fiver, especially for a nice DRM-free GOG version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Crysis and Crysis:Warhead are on special on Steam for €3.74 and €2.49, respectively.

Or €5 for the two, great price for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

hotukdeals folk spotted dead space for cheap for a few seconds before crysis day, so that may be the daily deal today from 6, or just a run of the mill glitch.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/eaweek
    Sure enough.
    3.75 for 1
    30 for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

/\/ollog wrote: »
    hotukdeals folk spotted dead space for cheap for a few seconds before crysis day, so that may be the daily deal today from 6, or just a run of the mill glitch.

Sure enough.
    3.75 for 1
    30 for 2

yep its dead space alright, some pretty great deals on this week. any idea what tomorrow could be?

has anyone played dead space on pc, how does it handle control wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yep its dead space alright, some pretty great deals on this week. any idea what tomorrow could be?

Probably Battlefield or Command & Conquer

I stopped playing Dead Space (PC) because the mouse/keyboard control felt funny to me. I've heard, at least, one other person mention they also had issues with m&k input. Some reckon disabling V-sync solves the problem, I still thought it felt weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have to say I found Dead Space really good on PC. Great price for a great game:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's laggy with vsync on but smooth as silk disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I didn't know Steam were having a sale this week but have done quite well from it. I got Need for Speed: Shift, Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, Deadspace and I already had Crysis and Warhead. Any idea what tonights deal might be?

I've said it already but I'll say it again, I can't believe I ignored/forgot about Steam for years.

Any idea what tonights deal might be?

They've done most of the really big franchises, so I'd say it'll be Battlefield today, or perhaps a selection of games from the past week...

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

unfortunately there is problems with crysis, the codes they have given people are not working so we are waiting on a fix, still cant complain for the price though.

unfortunately there is problems with crysis, the codes they have given people are not working so we are waiting on a fix, still cant complain for the price though.

Works fine for me... The game doesn't even come with a key as far as I can tell (or are you talking about Warhead?...)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

tman wrote: »
    Works fine for me... The game doesn't even come with a key as far as I can tell (or are you talking about Warhead?...)

All Steam games come with a key :confused: When you buy a game on Steam they link a key code to your account. Obviously they ran out and they need more from EA to distribute to the said accounts.

Ah, gotcha!
    Thought they were talking about CD keys that actually have to be entered within the game rather than the stuff that goes on invisibly in the background...

Medal o hona and battlefields today.

Medal o hona and battlefields today.
    Just bought Medal of Honour Airborne. Was always tempted to get that back in the day and never did. Heard it's a pretty good game, and at that price I dont think you can go wrong. €2.50

Castlevania:Lord of Shadows is on Zavvi.co.uk for £16.85. Works out just under €20. Great price. Really liked that game. PS3 and Xbox360

Some other great games on there for next to nothing prices.
    http://www.zavvi.com/offers/mega-monday/games.list

Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas and Halo:Reach for £17.85
    Enslaved for £12.85
    All free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

I got Fallout New Vegas for 20 euros in smiths yesterday dont know if thats a bargain but i thought it was a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Does anyone know is Brink availible at Gamestop using that 3 game trade in & €3.

Steam has Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is $6.80 (€4.75) today for its US customers.

It's €13.60 for those in Eire.

The Vietnam expansion is closer in price between the 2 regions - it being €6.49 for Eire. It does require you to own the base game on Steam to function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I got Fallout New Vegas for 20 euros in smiths yesterday dont know if thats a bargain but i thought it was a good price.

20 euro / the 120 hours I put into it = a bargain in my book :D

Steam has Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is $6.80 (€4.75) today for its US customers.

It's €13.60 for those in Eire.

The Vietnam expansion is closer in price between the 2 regions - it being €6.49 for Eire. It does require you to own the base game on Steam to function.

http://steamunpowered.eu/ea-week-in-steam-2-9-may/

Strange, says the article was published yesterday, yet the Dead Space deal was the most recent one mentioned when I checked prior to posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

GTR63 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is Brink availible at Gamestop using that 3 game trade in & €3.
    Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Strange, says the article was published yesterday, yet the Dead Space deal was the most recent one mentioned when I checked prior to posting.

Same for me, I had Crysis Warhead in my cart yesterday, forgot to buy it, logged on today and it was Dead Space deal, and Crysis back to full price :(

Now its BF, of which I already own all.

Is MoH Airborne any use?

Same for me, I had Crysis Warhead in my cart yesterday, forgot to buy it, logged on today and it was Dead Space deal, and Crysis back to full price :(

I was talking about the articles posted on the steamunpowered site. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

GTR63 wrote: »

Yes, gamestop in rathmines had the €3 sticker on the brink box last friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement