Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Civ V is 15 euro in Gamestop. BARGAIN.
    http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-5/10208055.html?affil=BUYAT
    14.93 :p
    Personally I'd wait until it was 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Well I paid €50 on release day and still play it *checks steam* 78 hours played :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tropico 3 is 3.74 on Steam. BUY IT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Any use? I was intrigued by it when it was released. Is it effectively SimCity in Cuba?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any use? I was intrigued by it when it was released. Is it effectively SimCity in Cuba?

Pretty much. Its pretty damn difficult, plus you have to manage different factions on the island (capitalists, communists, environmentalists etc), and keep a happy balance for the people on the island, so there's a pretty strong politic strategy thrown in on top of managing the island.

I personally love Tropico 3. One of the best strategies/simulations for a few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I did! :)

ShaneU wrote: »
    Well I paid €50 on release day and still play it *checks steam* 78 hours played :pac:

I love civ, but 50 is too much.
    Or maybe it's the fact that I'll start a game, then look at the clock and the day is over.

I love civ, but 50 is too much.
    Or maybe it's the fact that I'll start a game, then look at the clock and the day is over.
    Indeed it is. €50 is WAY too much. I bought it at launch and it only cost me €27 from amazon. Got it on launch day too. This 'new' standard of €50 for PC games (mostly digital copies) really annoys me. Anyway, that subject is for another thread.

Have a question regarding the Gamestop €3 tradein deal. When does it end? Gonna get LA Noire via it if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Indeed it is. €50 is WAY too much. I bought it at launch and it only cost me €27 from amazon. Got it on launch day too. This 'new' standard of €50 for PC games (mostly digital copies) really annoys me. Anyway, that subject is for another thread.

Have a question regarding the Gamestop €3 tradein deal. When does it end? Gonna get LA Noire via it if possible.

the 26th I believe

I think I saw the boxart for la noire on their huge cardboard 3€ deal standup poster thing when i was in there yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Had this on xbox and at that price I can't say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Enslaved has gone down to about €20 in most HMV/Game/Xtravisions I've been in. The controls are a tad buggy but the story/voice acting/visuals more than make up for a lot of frustration there. Plus the environment design was taken straight out of my dreams and then given a shot of LSD or something!

Edit: I also have to second Tropico, good game! I love the "Advisors" comments. Full of thinly-veiled attempts to kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

I think I saw the boxart for la noire on their huge cardboard 3€ deal standup poster thing when i was in there yesterday.

Yeah when I was in I asked them about Brink being on it they said they didn't know but that LA noire was on it.

leemurta wrote: »
    Yeah when I was in I asked them about Brink being on it they said they didn't know but that LA noire was on it.

brink was on the poster thing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Anybody know any cheap places to get portal 2 (I would prefer a digital copy) that accept paypal?

Steam do accept paypal but its too expensive at €50 :(

portal 2 is 27 GBP (free shipping to ireland) at coolshop.
    Not sure if that's good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

portal 2 is 27 GBP (free shipping to ireland) at coolshop.
    Not sure if that's good though.

Just got portal 2 on g2play.net. Thanks for your suggestion though!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Dead to rights - 10 euros - xtravision - new
    Singularity - 11.99 - HMV - new
    Enslaved - 13.99 - HMV - pre-owned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I saw a sign outside my local xtra vision for brink. Apparently its free if you trade in 2 games.*

* There was some small print which I couldn't see as I was driving and the staff were too busy to ask. Does anyone know more about this? Like a list of elligable games?

kiddums wrote: »
    I saw a sign outside my local xtra vision for brink. Apparently its free if you trade in 2 games.*

* There was some small print which I couldn't see as I was driving and the staff were too busy to ask. Does anyone know more about this? Like a list of elligable games?

Yes I saw that deal and the small print it isn't a great deal IMO it's only recently released games like mortal combat and killzone 3 etc.

• Advertisement

Steam are now doing daily deals.

First one is OP Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for a fiver

Daily deal. Interesting.I'll pass on this one though. Still haven't touched Tropico 3 since you recommended it and am about half way through MoH:Airborne.
    Must set the alarm for 6:00p.m. everyday to check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Majesty 2 today, has anyone played it? The reviews seem alright and for less than €3.50 it might be worth a shot.

Half price on Worms Reloaded too

HMV are doing an offer if you pre-order L.A Noire 44.99 euro you get LA confidential blue ray and some dlc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

the dlc is a gun. Thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Singularity is €10.20 on Steam at the moment. Supposedly a decent game that was sent out to die by Activision (no marketing or advertising). [Link]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fnz wrote: »
    Singularity is €10.20 on Steam at the moment. Supposedly a decent game that was sent out to die by Activision (no marketing or advertising). [Link]

Was Ok actually, definitely worth the 10 quid.

Fnz wrote: »
    Easily worth the €10 they are asking. Looking around, that game is still at a really high price in the online retailers, considering what Activision did for it on launch, as in nothing! Thought you would have found it in the bargain bin by now.Not too much replay value in it though, but a good solid game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is this a build up for the June Sale next month?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement