Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Saw that alright, just waiting to see what game I will get instead. Any good games coming out this summer?
    all im looking forwars to is duke nukem, gears 3 i would say go for duke really it looks like EPIC fun:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

all im looking forwars to is duke nukem, gears 3 i would say go for duke really it looks like EPIC fun:)

Yeah i'm 50/50 between Duke and Infamous 2 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Saw that alright, just waiting to see what game I will get instead. Any good games coming out this summer?

Infamous 2 should be good. First was one of my favourite games of the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Amazon.com doing Assassins Creed II GOTY Edition (PS3) for 8.99 sterling. With delivery and things it could be 16-20Euro. Seems good for the GOTY with the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Black Ops preowned on xbox 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Steam is hasin' ubisoft week
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ubisoft_week
    Prince of Persia series on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Picked up Tropico 3 from Amazon for Xbox today for £11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Crysis 2 limited edition (Ps3 and Xbox) €34.99 in tesco .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hah, since when has this thread been 'unstuck/unstickied'?

This might not stand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Fnz wrote: »
    Hah, since when has this thread been 'unstuck/unstickied'?

This might not stand!!!
    It got unstickied and placed in the stickied post for 'most important threads'. Not ideal but it definitely relieved some clutter on the first page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Not cool!
    I check this thread a couple of times a day, it's an ideal sticky thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

TomCo wrote: »
    Not cool!
    I check this thread a couple of times a day, it's an ideal sticky thread.

Same here, Booooooooooooooooo Mr.E for unsticking :D

1st thing I used to see when on this forum, if it was bold font that meant I needed to check it.

Getting rid of the sub forums up top would clear some real estate, can't imagine Game Awards is getting many clicks what with its all but 3 unlocked threads on the 1st page.

Also since the main game forum is now catering to all games and xbox/ps/nintendo are for specific issues etc space is needed imo

This one needs is own thread perhaps, least we get 10 pages of off topicness here

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, if the forum were to have one sticky, this should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

+1 for the sticky!

Gamestop.ie

Orange Box €14.97 delivered Xbox360 PS3
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/Default.aspx?quickSearch=Half-Life%202:%20The%20Orange%20Box

Tried to get it on Play.com before, was out of stock for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

turnfan wrote: »
    +1 for the sticky!

Gamestop.ie

Orange Box €14.97 delivered Xbox360 PS3
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/Default.aspx?quickSearch=Half-Life%202:%20The%20Orange%20Box

Tried to get it on Play.com before, was out of stock for ages!

That's a good price for the Orange Box, I got it for €5 pre-owned in Xtra-Vision a few months ago but that was pure luck.

I'm also in favour of a sticky for this thread.:)

Bad form mods! This needs to be a sticky defo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

It's a sticky in the most important thread just above.
    Suppose that's the best were gonna get.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Probably one of about 3/4 threads I check everyday, didn't check it yesterday though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Most forums lost stickies to make it easier for phone users, or something.

You don't need stickies, that's what your control panel is for. Stickies really only benefit new members.

Plus this thread is quite often a general chat thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As Monotype said, it's for an update that will make the site better for phone users. All forums have been asked by the admins to cut down on the amount of stickies. There's a thread in the Mods forum, for those who can access it. The general thinking is that you can have a charter thread and a links thread and that leaves you room for one more of the mods choice.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Set your boards bookmark/homepage as your control panel subbed list like normal folk and leave it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Hopefully the people that find this being un-stickied nothing short of injustice, decide to go to the effort of posting bargains to keep it in the first page anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alternative: keep bumping it and keep it alive :)

I'd actually say not being stickied is a benefit in many cases - you'd be amazed how many people simply glance over the sticky threads. As has been said, there's a site wide campaign going on to cut down on stickies. Everyone just needs to help keep the best threads afloat now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this thread deserves a sticky!

Sticky_proj_red.png

Ka-Booom!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Competition thread is sticky, but all might bargain alert is not... This makes me a sad panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The people have spoken. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    The people have spoken. :)

Booooooooooooooooooooo I was enjoying the peoples revolution, and you had to go and spoil it by restoring Gaming Bargains to it rightful place :D

this just has to be a sticky it saves us a small fortune ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Picked up the street fighter fightstick (PS3 version) in hmv blanchardstown for €3 this morning . it was the only one that I could see so I don't know if there are any more left or if it's available in any of the other hmv stores, worth keeping an eye out for it .

Price pic

FightStick Pic

Box pic

• Advertisement

Clover wrote: »
    Picked up the street fighter fightstick (PS3 version) in hmv blanchardstown for €3 this morning . it was the only one that I could see so I don't know if there are any more left or if it's available in any of the other hmv stores, worth keeping an eye out for it .
    Are u sure on pricing and where you got this? I rand hmv in blanch and grafton street and blanch said cheapest fightstick is 59 and they have not had it in stock for a while now???

Just wondering as I want one at that price!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement