Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Are u sure on pricing and where you got this?

Yeh I'm positive on the price and location of purchase .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Clover wrote: »
    Yeh I'm positive on the price and location of purchase .

Guy in blanch got back to me and said you got the very last one:( have been trying hmv stores everywhere and nobody has one:(

Fair play to you you really got yourself a bargain with that!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Picked up the street fighter fightstick (PS3 version) in hmv blanchardstown for €3 this morning . it was the only one that I could see so I don't know if there are any more left or if it's available in any of the other hmv stores, worth keeping an eye out for it .

:eek:

Now that most certainly is a bargain. Do want!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Bought Midnight Club PS3 version for 5 euro in Xtravision (second hand) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Solm wrote: »
    Bought Midnight Club PS3 version for 5 euro in Xtravision (second hand) :)

play it for half an hour, you will soon realize why it was a fiver:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up the street fighter fightstick (PS3 version) in hmv blanchardstown for €3 this morning . it was the only one that I could see so I don't know if there are any more left or if it's available in any of the other hmv stores, worth keeping an eye out for it .

Price pic

FightStick Pic

Box pic

I bought the 2nd last one there a few weeks ago, for 97e more than you did! Congrats, best bargain ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bulletstorm on PC is €16.99 in HMV (Liffey Valley) and a similar price on Amazon too.

The orange box in extra vision is 5 euro used if you can find one instore! Athy had 1 copy but it was badly scratched:( prob the only reason it was traded in as I can't think of another??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Price pic

FightStick Pic

Box pic
    http://twitter.com/#!/hmvblanch

Apparently they had the rock band pro drum kit reduced to €3 too.

These one-day flash sales are the exact reason this thread should be stickied.

"Rock Band Drum kit got snapped up fast, other stores will be doing mark downs like this from now til June 1st, keep checking your local HMV"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ShaneU wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#!/hmvblanch

Apparently they had the rock band pro drum kit reduced to €3 too.

These one-day flash sales are the exact reason this thread should be stickied.

"Rock Band Drum kit got snapped up fast, other stores will be doing mark downs like this from now til June 1st, keep checking your local HMV"

Why staff not taking these them selfs?! Does not male any sence...

• Advertisement

A personal favourite of mine, at least it was the last time I played it, the original FarCry (by Crytek of Crysis fame) is on special on Steam for €2.50.
    It's not everybody's cup of tea which takes a
    supernatural
    turn (for the worse) halfway through the game.
    FarCry 2 is also on special for €7.50 too. It's a good game with many problems. It's worth €7.50, but not much more to be honest.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Persevere through the first few hours of Far Cry 2 and you will be heavily rewarded. Great game let down by a few disappointing decisions on behalf of the developers.

Persevere through the first few hours of Far Cry 2 and you will be heavily rewarded. Great game let down by a few disappointing decisions on behalf of the developers.
    The Malaria, and constant respawning enemies/checkpoints are my two biggest gripes. The second one being almost game-breaking for some people.
    Amazing fire mechanics though. I was able to overcome my grievances with the game to thoroughly enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Bioshock 2 Xbox 360 €7.99 in HMV Dundrum.

Bioshock 2 Xbox 360 €7.99 in HMV Dundrum
    for those that are interested the Collector's Edition on the PC is £14/€17 on Amazon although you'll need to spend over £25 for free delivery.

for those that are interested the Collector's Edition on the PC is £14/€17 on Amazon although you'll need to spend over £25 for free delivery.
    got that collectors edition delivered to my door from zavvi for 21 euro a month ago

just a note on the fightsticks from hmv guys nobody in dublin kildare meath louth stores have them so only hopes for any of us are down west or south..

btw hmv have stated they will not be receiving any more stock they have been discontinued :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Price pic

FightStick Pic

Box pic

very nice. probably a stupid question but is that second hand? regardles, even if it is... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Why staff not taking these them selfs?! Does not male any sence...
    Maybe not allowed? Technically they can't buy them during working hours anyway, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

Price pic

FightStick Pic

Box pic

That is about the best bargain I have ever seen. Seriously, you would have no problem selling that stick on Ebay for 100E if you wanted to.

I bought the 360 version on Ebay myself. It's a great piece of kit.

Enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

far cry and far cry 2 $7.50 on steam (not sure of the euro price)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Helix wrote: »

Oh P'choff! That bargain is sooooo 6 hrs, 6 minutes ago!

Am tempted by the sequel but am not willing to put up with this 'sudden respawning enemies' malarkey.

Sounds infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Helix wrote: »

Far Cry €2.50
    Far Cry 2 €7.50

Or buy both for €9.99 (lol not much of a saving bundling them together!)

Both games well worth that price. If you've never played the epic that is Far Cry, get it.

I had the free edition that was given away a couple of years ago, but can't find my key / download so might get this just to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I played Far Cry when it came out first but haven't played it since. Is it still worth getting?

I absolutely hated 2 and will definetly not purchase it even though it is rather cheap. Truly awful game.

Far Cry €2.50
    Far Cry 2 €7.50

Or buy both for €9.99
    It turns out we are getting absolutely shafted on the price here when it comes to the other regions. Both the UK and the US have FC2 for £2.50 and $2.50 respectively. Not too impressed by that but it's not unexpected really. It happens all the time with Steam these days.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

FarCry 1 is epic, until CryTek do their usual boring monster trick about 3/4 way through.

FarCry 2 has nothing to do with CryTek and is a hollow wreck storywise. The game play can be great fun but it can get very repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gamestop are having a sale on second hand games online. Mostly tat but they do have Brutal Legend for €4 delivered - http://bit.ly/kHi5aN PGR4 for €3 too http://www.gamestop.ie/29877_Xbox_360_Project_Gotham_Racing_4.aspx

Announcing more through the day on their twitter account - http://twitter.com/GameStopIreland

Gamestop are having a sale on second hand games online. Mostly tat but they do have Brutal Legend for €4 delivered - http://bit.ly/kHi5aN PGR4 for €3 too http://www.gamestop.ie/29877_Xbox_360_Project_Gotham_Racing_4.aspx

Announcing more through the day on their twitter account - http://twitter.com/GameStopIreland
    Been following it myself. I would be tempted to partake in some of the bargain if they didn't charge €2 every time for delivery. But I suppose that's where they are making a large portion of the money when the sell games for under €4. They're still bargains all the same.

Currently Blur (NEW) for €2 (+€2 delivery) on PS3
    http://www.gamestop.ie/41606_PlayStation_3_BLUR_Promo_.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

they do have Brutal Legend for €4

Big fan of Tim Schafer, so i will give this a go. I never heard of it to be honest, but if it is half as good as Grim Fandango or Psychonauts then it will be worth it :)

Picked up Blur as well. I am a sucker for deals :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement