Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

anyone else getting runtime errors on the gamestop site when they try to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

calex71 wrote: »
    anyone else getting runtime errors on the gamestop site when they try to order?

I was earlier. I changed to Internet Exlorer and tried and it worked.

It certainly is not the best coded site, that is for sure.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I was earlier. I changed to Internet Exlorer and tried and it worked.

It certainly is not the best coded site, that is for sure.

Thats what I did still getting the same, also I seem to have had a mysteriously had a copy of Black Ops added to my cart :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

says not available :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

RedXIV wrote: »
    says not available :confused:
    Which? the blur one? Yeah, they seem to be ploughing through the offers. Keep an eye on their twitter feed to see what's up for offer.
    I'll edit the previous post btw.

• Advertisement

They still have a stash of french arcade packs left over from the luckybags I see :D

http://www.gamestop.ie/29787_Xbox_360_XBOX_Live_Arcade_Pack.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Just got Project Gotham Racing 4, Brutal Legend, Forza 2, Lumines Live, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 and Bomberman Live for €7.77

Never got a runtime error but did get the 3 for 2 offer for pre owned games applied to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

4 offers from Gamestop which is surprising really as normally they is tight arsed with their stock ;)

Here's a link to all the current offers
    http://www.gamestop.ie/madness
    Not too sure how long they'll being going at that price for. Some of these are used, some new so just have a doublecheck before you buy, if that sort of thing bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

not bad offers from gamestop but would like to see some newer titles at reduced prices too:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://steamunpowered.eu/ubiweek-in-steam-23rd-30th-may/
    Interesting, from a European company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://steamunpowered.eu/ubiweek-in-steam-23rd-30th-may/
    Interesting, from a European company.

Don't get me started on what i think about the € pricing on Steam.

The argument is that is the publishers who are setting the price, but i noticed the recent release of Portal 2 where Valve themselves set the price, the € price was much higher than $ or £.

Makes me very mad to be honest how a currency with roughly 300 million people (€) has to pay through to the nose.:(

Splinter cell games are on sale on Steam today. The first splinter cell is €1.69 and Chaos theory for €3.39. those two are really the only two that are on sale that really matter imo. Pandora Tomorrow aint there and Double Agent and Conviction are relatively average at best.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Don't get me started on what i think about the € pricing on Steam.

The argument is that is the publishers who are setting the price, but i noticed the recent release of Portal 2 where Valve themselves set the price, the € price was much higher than $ or £.

Makes me very mad to be honest how a currency with roughly 300 million people (€) has to pay through to the nose.:(

ea publish portal 2

/\/ollog wrote: »
    ea publish portal 2
    On consoles. Not on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Double Agent and Conviction are relatively average at best.

I'd recommend Conviction, having never played the others. Had a good time with the coop. Maybe not at that price though, as I have a problem with paying over the odds for things.

Don't think Fisher will every 'forget the airfield'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

On consoles. Not on PC.

I don't think it's just publishers, the major retailers would have a say too... e.g. "we wont stock your products if you undercut us". even with the growth in digital downloads the high street retail market would still be pretty lucrative for them.

Wow great video , remember in the mid 90's being down at the boating lake and my girlfriend at the time saw a swan on the bank that looked like it was choking, so she went over to check it was alright.

It was ok, and it was angry, and it chased her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wow great video , remember in the mid 90's being down at the boating lake and my girlfriend at the time saw a swan on the bank that looked like it was choking, so she went over to check it was alright.

It was ok, and it was angry, and it chased her :D

???

Fnz wrote: »
    I'd recommend Conviction, having never played the others. Had a good time with the coop. Maybe not at that price though, as I have a problem with paying over the odds for things.

Don't think Fisher will every 'forget the airfield'. :D
    Conviction is an alright game. Just as far as Splinter cell games go, it is certainly not the best. It doesn't really feel like a true splinter Cell game. Chaos Theory is an unbelievable game.
    Like yourself, I do love a bargain.
    Even picked up the Ghost Recon games there. Always wanted to play em, see what they are like.
    Any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Conviction is an alright game. Just as far as Splinter cell games go, it is certainly not the best. It doesn't really feel like a true splinter Cell game. Chaos Theory is an unbelievable game.
    Like yourself, I do love a bargain.
    Even picked up the Ghost Recon games there. Always wanted to play em, see what they are like.
    Any use?

Just so long as you avoid Double Agent which was an horrifically buggy game which Ubisoft promptly dropped support for when the patch made things worse.

I also bought the GRAW pack, 5 games for €12 aint bad and I've heard good things about them.

I hate Steam sales :p

???

Epic not watching what I was doing fail :o

Just cause 2 is 5 euro on gamersgate.
    www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2

It registers with your steam account, btw.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tropico 3 is on sale AGAIN, this time on Green Man Gaming. Only 2.24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Hmv have a decent sale on 3ds games, most launch titles are €29.99-32.99 + the 3ds itself is €215

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Epic not watching what I was doing fail :o

i was ready to pm you and ask where do you get your weed, as it looks to be good! :eek:

;)

i was ready to pm you and ask where do you get your weed, as it looks to be good! :eek:

;)

LMAO yeah damned multitab browsing *shakes fist and checks thread I'm posting to*

Who ever would have thought it could make you fail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Theif: Deadly Shadows for €3.75 on Steam

Not bad for that price.

Company of Heroes is only €7.99 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

LMAO yeah damned multitab browsing *shakes fist and checks thread I'm posting to*

Who ever would have thought it could make you fail :pac:

I feel sorry for the Choking Swan forum that now has a random post about the latest gaming bargain on Steam...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement