Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

quarryman wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the Choking Swan forum that now has a random post about the latest gaming bargain on Steam...

Duck Hunt on special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

quarryman wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the Choking Swan forum that now has a random post about the latest gaming bargain on Steam...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Broken Sword 1 - 3 are $8.97 for the three on GOG.com for the next 24 hours. It's the Director's Cut of BS1 and the Remastered version of BS2, which were released on iOS and elsewhere recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Broken Sword 1 - 3 are $8.97 for the three on GOG.com for the next 24 hours. It's the Director's Cut of BS1 and the Remastered version of BS2, which were released on iOS and elsewhere recently.

GET OUT OF MY DREAMS AND ONTO MY HARD DRIVE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55110/
    Pre-Purchase Red Faction: Armageddon
    Pre-Purchase and receive a copy of Red Faction, Red Faction II and Red Faction Guerrilla! Already own them? Give your extra copy to a friend!
    This is a pretty decent deal.
    pre-order the new red-faction for 50 euro(i know 'spensif), and get the 3 previous games in the series free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You can buy the first three red faction games for the grand total of €5 (€1.24, €1.24 and €2.49)
    Why not buy the Red Faction Armageddon from thehut.com for £27.85
    Saving you about €13 in the process (€32 + €5). Personally, I dont think that the convenience of having it in my Steam account is worth €13.

Even with the usual 10% off when you preorder via Steam, the prices for new games are outrageous on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah, and they seem to get higher every year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Yeah, and they seem to get higher every year.

The premium games that is, indie games and most PC exclusive games seem to be great value these days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ghost Trick (DS) is €22.99 in HMV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Even with the usual 10% off when you preorder via Steam, the prices for new games are outrageous on Steam.

Buy your games on G2play.net, they give you a steam key to download the game for a fraction of the cost of steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Dcully wrote: »
    Buy your games on G2play.net, they give you a steam key to download the game for a fraction of the cost of steam.

Since such companies are scanning in keys from retail boxes sold in foreign regions, it's perfectly legal but something that Valve might take exception to. Buyer beware; personally I wouldn't risk my Steam account over it.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I think the worse we've seen is that the key doesnt work when you try it. They havent been banning people for buying games that they have no way of telling whether the seller has followed the "rules" or not.

Drakar wrote: »
    I think the worse we've seen is that the key doesnt work when you try it. They havent been banning people for buying games that they have no way of telling whether the seller has followed the "rules" or not.
    The game get removed from your account which leaves you to go back to G2Play or whoever you got it from and try and get a refund from them.

To be honest, I just go where the games are 'legit' and the prices are cheapest. You can pick up new games before their launch for under half the price Steam (and other digital download services) are charging on websites like thehut.com, amazon.co.uk. etc. At least the prices on those websites are competitive.
    Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Steam. But their, and other Digital Download service's prices are ****ed up completely which is the biggest factor I chose in where to buy my games from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Well the instance we saw on the forum here where a game was locked, the people were given new codes pretty quickly. Usually games will be cheaper on the code sites, then sites like amazon etc, and lastly steam (unless it's an older item, some steam sales are amazing value).

The advantage of not buying the physical copy via amazon etc is that with a code purchase you can receive via email and just unlock on steam and get going much quicker, which seems to be what people are into these days (check the xbox forum thread where people always seem to pay extra for xbox points or subscriptions to get them psuedo instantly instead of waiting for amazon to send a card).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamestop online have Blur 3 for ps3 for 2 euro (4 euro with delivery). 3rd time they did this offer but sold out in minutes, I finally got my copy there!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

20% off all pre-orders at www.bee.com using code PREORDER20 Free delivery to Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »
    20% off all pre-orders at www.bee.com using code PREORDER20 Free delivery to Ireland too.

Great find man! Uncharted 1 - 2.99 GPB, Mafia 2 - 9.99 GBP, EA MMA - 8.99 GBP.

Speaking of Bargains, EA MMA is 12.99 euro new in Gamestop. Excellent excellent price and must have for MMA fans.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Great find man! Uncharted 1 - 2.99 GPB, Mafia 2 - 9.99 GBP, EA MMA - 8.99 GBP.

Speaking of Bargains, EA MMA is 12.99 euro new in Gamestop. Excellent excellent price and must have for MMA fans.

Ea mma is on special on zavvi. Think it's £4.85.

How are bee.com with delivery? Never used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Edit: derp - post necromancy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Not a bargain, but no point posting it in the Homefront thread, since nobody new will see it

Try out a free Homefront Multiplayer demo (closed beta) for free on Xbox, and get to play one of the maps from the upcoming DLC. No disc required.

http://www.homefront-game.com/demo

Think the demo ends tomorrow/Tuesday, so hurry up!

990MB download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Back to the Future episode 1 on IPad is free on ITunes for the next few days,iPhone too.look for it through the apps store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tesco in Drogheda still have a few games left for €10 on ps3 and xbox

The Saboteur, Bayonetta and Beatles RB and a couple of others, nothing too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Tesco in Santry have some offers as well. Most games were crap but I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Naphiel wrote: »
    Tesco in Santry have some offers as well. Most games were crap but I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for €15.

WHAT A FIND!!! Did you see any more?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I think they had one or two more copies, I only picked it up yesterday as well. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some great prices on G2Play (http://www.g2play.net/store/) at the moment. All pc of course. Both Dirt 3 and Fable 3 are only €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

tesco have alan wake & forza 3 for €10 each

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Some great prices on G2Play (http://www.g2play.net/store/) at the moment. All pc of course. Both Dirt 3 and Fable 3 are only €15.

just a question.

is it trustable? basicly you pay for a cd key, which you can just enter in to steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

just a question.

is it trustable? basicly you pay for a cd key, which you can just enter in to steam?

Bought from them before.
    Seem fine never any issues personally but some got their keys revoked by Valve around the L4D2 release IIRC. Valve didn't like them spending so little money on their games.
    I'd have no problem buying EA Download Manager games off them but I'd be a tiny bit wary and do some looking into that particular title before dropping money into a Valve game on g2Play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bought from them before.
    Seem fine never any issues personally but some got their keys revoked by Valve around the L4D2 release IIRC. Valve didn't like them spending so little money on their games.
    I'd have no problem buying EA Download Manager games off them but I'd be a tiny bit wary and do some looking into that particular title before dropping money into a Valve game on g2Play.

intresting.

i would only want that website for steam games. i love steam platfrom, but i wount say anything new to the crowd here - pricing is just awefull for ireland.

i was even paying to my friend by paypal in north so they would just buy a game for me and gift it.

so steam keys can be dodgy so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement