Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive bought loads of stuff from G2play and never had a single issue.
    Easily the best value out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

so steam keys can be dodgy so?

Only once that I've heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Fallout New Vegas is €11.99 in HMV Dundrum for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

dante's inferno 12e at HMV grafton :D great value i'd say, basically a GoW clone but the artwork and visuals are fking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

seraphimvc wrote: »
    dante's inferno 12e at HMV grafton :D great value i'd say, basically a GoW clone but the artwork and visuals are fking amazing.

it's pretty cool but it does turn into a huge grindfest halfway thru; i stopped having fun playing it. But u can't really go wrong with 12e!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

also on the HMV band wagon: Mirror's Edge for 3euro. Apparently not a tremendous game but again, can't beat 3euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow great timing I had a 10% discount code for them I had to use up, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

jaykhunter wrote: »
    it's pretty cool but it does turn into a huge grindfest halfway thru; i stopped having fun playing it. But u can't really go wrong with 12e!

I quit shortly after the the bit with the
    self-licking boobs that excreted unbaptised babies

Unsatisfying combat is the reason I stopped playing. I could see someone wanting to play it for the spectacle, to see what ridiculous thing the developers would come up with next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

also on the HMV band wagon: Mirror's Edge for 3euro. Apparently not a tremendous game but again, can't beat 3euro.

Mirrors Edge is an extraordinary experiment let down by developers who didn't fully realise what they had in their hands. Also crappy indoors level.

But at three euro it's certainly worth a go. Shows an attempt to do something genuinely different. With a second chance a sequel would genuinely be exciting. As is it's a game that frustrates as much as it succeeds. The very first level probably sees the game at it's best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mirrors Edge is an extraordinary experiment let down by developers who didn't fully realise what they had in their hands. Also crappy indoors level.

But at three euro it's certainly worth a go. Shows an attempt to do something genuinely different. With a second chance a sequel would genuinely be exciting. As is it's a game that frustrates as much as it succeeds. The very first level probably sees the game at it's best!

Thats as fair an assessment as there could be I think, and at €3 it's certainly well worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i think its an excellent game to be honest, it does something different and does it fairly well. 3 euro is a great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

To be fair once you get proficient at Mirror's edge it truly becomes a superb game, when everything clicks together there's nothing better.

Portal 2 for PC is €15/16 on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

To be fair once you get proficient at Mirror's edge it truly becomes a superb game, when everything clicks together there's nothing better.

They obviously weren't very good at it. /smug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i just spam that game breaking holy ground spell i stop having fun on killing these enemies since the first hour lol

btw MirrorEdge 6E from gamestop too i forget to mention. (not my cup of tea and i m gonna trade it in soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I think I paid about that on a Steam sale. I have to say I really liked it. It looked completely original - I loved the colours. I think I'm in the minority there. I would love if they ever made a sequel.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

wyrn wrote: »
    I think I paid about that on a Steam sale. I have to say I really liked it. It looked completely original - I loved the colours. I think I'm in the minority there. I would love if they ever made a sequel.

Enjoy!

EA are supposed to be working on mirrors edge 2 and using the Frostbite 2 engine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

HMV Fear 2 for 9.99 pre-owned. Not a bad game or a bad price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Got Killzone 3 Helghast Edition today in HMV for €39.99, very happy with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Got Killzone 3 Helghast Edition today in HMV for €39.99, very happy with that :D

Which store?

Which store?
    They had at least ten of them in Dundrum a few days ago but they weren't priced at €39.99 (i think) but might have dropped since then. Give them a ring first thing tomorrow and see if they have one and see if they'll reserve on for you there. Obviously, if it suites you that is.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

They had at least ten of them in Dundrum a few days ago but they weren't priced at €39.99 (i think) but might have dropped since then. Give them a ring first thing tomorrow and see if they have one and see if they'll reserve on for you there. Obviously, if it suites you that is.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info,I love me a wild goose chase,last HMV one I managed to get was a Gizmondo and the Res Evil Chainsaw pad up in Belfast five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Which store?
    Dundalk, think I got the last one, it was the only one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

F.E.A.R., F.E.A.R. Extraction Point , F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate , F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin, F.E.A.R.2: Reborn (DLC) all for $9.99 (dont know what the euro price is) on steam now

Helix wrote: »
    F.E.A.R., F.E.A.R. Extraction Point , F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate , F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin, F.E.A.R.2: Reborn (DLC) all for $9.99 (dont know what the euro price is) on steam now
    The download size for those games is phenomenal. Just tried to install my copy from Steam and it says that F.E.A.R 1 (no expansion packs) will be 16Gb. Just letting people know if they are tight on bandwidth/download limit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

The download size for those games is phenomenal. Just tried to install my copy from Steam and it says that F.E.A.R 1 (no expansion packs) will be 16Gb. Just letting people know if they are tight on bandwidth/download limit.

i think the actual dlc packs are included in the regular fear download, and the dlc downloads are just activations. coz all the dlcs and fear 1 are all 16gb, yet the total plus fear 2 is just 28gb

so you could probably buy now and space the downloads over a while

bargain price though, cant go wrong really. im looking forward to getting stuck into them ahead of fear 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement