Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really liked it in the Xbox, despite the reviews. An improved version on the PC for the same price as a can of Red Bull is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I really liked it in the Xbox, despite the reviews. An improved version on the PC for the same price as a can of Red Bull is a bargain.
    I heard that it is the much better version of the game, but it aint perfect. They've added a thing called Darknet that allows you give feedback to the developers via the pause menu, giving them praise/feedback about both good and bad parts, and some that you find frustrating etc. It's basically a way for them to improve the game with some realtime feedback. A really interesting idea which I believe has already made the game even better than when it launched on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not a super dooper bargain, but bioshock 1 & 2 are $4.99 each on gamersgate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I heard that it is the much better version of the game, but it aint perfect. They've added a thing called Darknet that allows you give feedback to the developers via the pause menu, giving them praise/feedback about both good and bad parts, and some that you find frustrating etc. It's basically a way for them to improve the game with some realtime feedback. A really interesting idea which I believe has already made the game even better than when it launched on the PC.

I have to say I applaud them for the steps they took after it's release, and took the criticism, analyzed it and patched the game, not many do that. As said it;s far from perfect but the patched xbox version I played was pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

World of Warcraft is now free-to-play until you hit level 20

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/28/world-of-warcraft-goes-free-to-play-until-characters-hit-level-2/

Edit: this seems to only be for the American site, Europe is still 10 day trial right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

I see the FEAR pack is still €9.99 on steam. Tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ShaneU wrote: »

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/28/world-of-warcraft-goes-free-to-play-until-characters-hit-level-2/

Edit: this seems to only be for the American site, Europe is still 10 day trial right now...

in ten days with a bit of guidance you would hit 20+ easily :-)

ShaneU wrote: »

Working in Europe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

It has begun.
    http://store.steampowered.com

If interested in Borderlands, save yourself 2 euro and get the game + dlc 4pack rather than the game of the year edition.

Civ 5 will be going to €10 tomorrow on gamersgate.com. Think it's happening sometime tomorrow evening. Great price. Seeing as it's down to €33 on Steam (which already includes the 33% off atm) the base Gamersgate price is better than that one and it registers with Steam so that's a bonus.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIV5/sid-meiers-civilization-v?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Civ 5 will be going to €10 tomorrow on gamersgate.com. Think it's happening sometime tomorrow evening. Great price. Seeing as it's down to €33 on Steam (which already includes the 33% off atm) the base Gamersgate price is better than that one and it registers with Steam so that's a bonus.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CIV5/sid-meiers-civilization-v?

kudos, and the fact that it will work on both pc & mac is a bonus. great price for a game with a lot of depth

Yup, this has gone live now.
    Civ5 is now €10.18 on Gamersgate.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Prince of Persia : The Forgotten Sands is 10 Euro new in Xtra Vision. Not a bad game either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

KOTOR is only €2.24 on Steam at the moment. Surely worth a punt for anyone who hasn't played it.

Battlefront II is also €2.24

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/summer2011_starwars?snr=1_4_4_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Game have GT5 signature edition for €28.99

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JMcG92

Day 3 of the Steam sale daily deals:
    All of the Half-Life games: €9.24.
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 and DLCs: €15
    Bioshock 2: €5
    Plants Vs. Zombies: €3.39
    Magicka plus all expansions: €8.49
    Super Meat Boy: €7
    Darksiders: €5

As well as the daily deals, there are huge catalogs of games going for crazy prices.
    Highlights include:
    Valve complete pack: €44.96 (Usually €212)
    Rockstar complete pack: €39.99 (Usually €120)
    The complete Sims 3: €69.99 (Usually €250)

Some seriously great deals there guys, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Portal 2 is €30 on zavvi at the mo. Also saw it in gamestop for around the same a couple of weeks back. Must pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Delete please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Portal 2 is €30 on zavvi at the mo. Also saw it in gamestop for around the same a couple of weeks back. Must pick it up!

If anyone hasn't played this yet, it's definitely worth the cash. AMAZING game, there's nothing like it (except Portal 1) but this one is MUCH better. Single player is fantastic, and equally lengthy awesome co-op. I can't talk up this game enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

wilser wrote: »
    Game have GT5 signature edition for €28.99

Which store did you get this in, and did they have any left?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Picked up Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on sale on XBL for 600 MSP. There's some other games on sale as well. Playing couch co-op with my bro. I'm quite enjoying it! It's an isometric 3D puzzle/shooter/platformer...ie Tomb Raider lol. I'd say it's definitely worth the €7.20!

GT review here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw Castlevania: Lords of Shadows on X360 for €13 new in HMV Henry St, bit of a steal at that price for a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Which store did you get this in, and did they have any left?
    Liffey valley they had 3 on the floor on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Empire Total War - £4 on Direct2Drive.co.uk

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/177/7542/product/Buy-Empire:-Total-War-Download

Activates on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Can't buy Civ 5 -

error -

Error: Sid Meier’s Civilization V is Country restricted on your IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

unless you are -

This product is available for purchase in the United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Finland, Åland Island, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. This title installs and requires a 3rd party download to play

LOL Faroe Islands gets it and we don't? jeez. The 3rd party download is steam

• Advertisement

Prey is £1.95 on Direct2Drive . Works out around €2.20-€2.40. Oh, and this in not restricted on ip for me, like Civ 5 mentioned above.
    Never played it, supposed to be alright too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement