Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Prey is nearly always 1.95 in d2d sales.
    I got it for that price a few weeks ago.

I think it has portals, but I haven't installed it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Prey is £1.95 on Direct2Drive . Works out around €2.20-€2.40. Oh, and this in not restricted on ip for me, like Civ 5 mentioned above.
    Never played it, supposed to be alright too.
    I had a retail copy of prey and I could activate the key with steam.
    Anyone know if this does as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Haven't got a clue but this doesn't seem to enlighten you since you already need to know your cd key.
    it says
    Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
    are registerable with Steam. Think i'll buy it an see.

Nope, it doesn't register with Steam. I've always meant to buy the game so no loss really for me.

No, it's a huge-balls key.
    Not for steam.

Made me sad, but I can at least add it as a non-steam game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tis £9.99 on bee.com. About €11/€12
    Edit:Out of Stock, my bad :o

Just saw this over on savygamer.co.uk

Child of Eden for the PS3, only €18.99 with a free t-shirt too from Play.com
    Since it does seem to have a release date of sep 2011 this could well be a pricing error.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/3681414/Games-for-gratis.html

Free Arma 2, Men of War, and something called Tower Bloxx Deluxe with codes from The Sun for use on Green Man gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Spear wrote: »

Free Arma 2, Men of War, and something called Tower Bloxx Deluxe with codes from The Sun for use on Green Man gaming.

I tried those codes yesterday and no joy for me.

I suspect they are geo-ip locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

moonboy52 wrote: »

Darn. I'll have to buy it when in work, given I've a UK IP address :)

**edit

I can confirm the code works. I just bought Arma II, no region lock, for free using that code. Once the code has wortked, give it time to load, and make sure to proceed to check out with the voucher box empty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I have just noticed if you want to d/l or play the games from there, you have to install 'Capsule' which is some game client type thing from that site.

Anyone know anything about it?

If they give you a key what works with other versions, you don't need capsule.
    It's like steam, only less good.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Spear wrote: »

Thanks for that but its says;

Unfortunately, we have temporarily run out of activation keys for the following title(s): ARMA II. We expect to be able to get a further supply within the next three working days and will e-mail your key at that time. If you do not wish to wait for your key to arrive, please click the following link for the transaction to be immediately voided:

I'll post here again to say if I got it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moonboy52 wrote: »

oops my bad.

They are not geo-ip locked at all:o.

The site was so busy, my order was not being completed.

I just got Men at war and tower bloxx deluxe, Arma II key's have been used up.

I have it on steam anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Shovelware Parade™ (thanks CG) today at TheHut. [Link]

Up to 80% off Nintendo stuff is the promise... savings actually goes up to 88% on a few items with that, trustworthy, Nintendo Seal of Quality.

One PC game in the mix too... FFXIV @ £4.85 for some reason. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

HMV have Band hero both consoles for €3.99, the games isnt great but there are a few good songs and for that price its not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

HMV have Band hero both consoles for €3.99, the games isnt great but there are a few good songs and for that price its not bad.

€7.99 in the Grafton St one today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Loads more bargains on g2play.net. Some great prices on the pre-orders as well.

Dungeon Seige 3 (Steam Key) - €10.99 - http://www.g2play.net/store/Dungeon-Siege-III-Steam-Key.html
    Metro 2033 (Steam Key) - €5.99 - http://www.g2play.net/store/Metro-2033-Multi-Language-Uncut-Version-Steam-Key.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Loads more bargains on g2play.net. Some great prices on the pre-orders as well.

Dungeon Seige 3 (Steam Key) - €10.99 - http://www.g2play.net/store/Dungeon-Siege-III-Steam-Key.html
    Metro 2033 (Steam Key) - €5.99 - http://www.g2play.net/store/Metro-2033-Multi-Language-Uncut-Version-Steam-Key.html

they allways got some nice prices out there.

i really need my fix before D3 comes out, but DS3 looks terrible! :(

dunno about metro, i love stalker series and post apocaliptic stuff, but didnt that game had alot of issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

they allways got some nice prices out there.

i really need my fix before D3 comes out, but DS3 looks terrible! :(

dunno about metro, i love stalker series and post apocaliptic stuff, but didnt that game had alot of issues?

DS3 is terrible, i played it for about 20 minutes before i got bored with its crappy new control system and inventory. Terribad!

Metro is okay for an FPS, that said i havent finished that either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Settlers 7 in zavvi for 5.85£

Great great game.

Not too sure on the quality of the game, but Tony Hawk Shred is on special in HMV for the Xbox 360 for €19.99. Supposed to be better than the first iteration if that's any use for you in deciding if this is worth buying.
    Saw it in the Grafton St. branch today. As with all HMV 'offers', this might not be on offer in every HMV.

imag0240e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They are awful , awful games and a disgrace to the now distant memory of when TH used to mean something like TH2 and 3 :mad:

I wanted to smash the board after 20 minutes on it.

The collision detection is horrendous, from what I played of it all that sticks out was getting stuck in walls, seriously save the blood pressure and the 20 quid, If they paid me 20 quid I'd still leave it in the shop.

Google the reviews!!!!

Edit: Only speaking about Ride, Shred could be ok but I wasn't willing to take a chance to find out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

On shred, isn't that just the price for the board?? Seen the game in in hmv a while back, considered getting it but read on the box you can't play without the board which is sold seperate

calex71 wrote: »
    They are awful , awful games and a disgrace to the now distant memory of when TH used to mean something like TH2 and 3 :mad:

I wanted to smash the board after 20 minutes on it.

The collision detection is horrendous, from what I played of it all that sticks out was getting stuck in walls, seriously save the blood pressure and the 20 quid, If they paid me 20 quid I'd still leave it in the shop.

Google the reviews!!!!

Edit: Only speaking about Ride, Shred could be ok but I wasn't willing to take a chance to find out :D
    I believe Shred it is a good bit better than Ride, but I'm not sure it matters when Ride was such a bad game. Just though I'd post for someone who might have been looking for it. Surely there has to be some maschists out there that are more than willing to give it a go!?

On shred, isn't that just the price for the board?? Seen the game in in hmv a while back, considered getting it but read on the box you can't play without the board which is sold seperate
    The offer in HMV atm is for the board (see my pic) with the game too. As far as I'm aware. They do also sell the game too for those chumps that went out and bought Ride. (Sorry Calex :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I believe Shred it is a good bit better than Ride, but I'm not sure it matters when Ride was such a bad game. Just though I'd post for someone who might have been looking for it. Surely there has to be some maschists out there that are more than willing to give it a go!?
    The offer in HMV atm is for the board (see my pic) with the game too. As far as I'm aware. They do also sell the game too for those chumps that went out and bought Ride. (Sorry Calex :D)
    Runs off to check True achievement scores :P

Just noticed they have FF13-2 screens up on TA, no interest in the game since 12 was ****, but look they actually included other people in this apart from the main cast. Well done Square enix maybe now the game will actually have a bit of a feeling to the world instead of a corridor effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Loved every minute of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement