Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Runs off to check True achievement scores :P

Shred is a whopping 5k and there's likely a very good reason why only "198 tracked gamers have this game" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Ocarina Of Time for the 3DS is €30 on Gamestop.ie, delivery of €2 is included.
    http://www.gamestop.ie/39647_Nintendo_3DS_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_3DS.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any PS3 console bargains out there at the moment? Best I saw was Argos selling a 320gb Slim with Black Ops for 320 euro. Most 160gb Slims are 299 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Any PS3 console bargains out there at the moment? Best I saw was Argos selling a 320gb Slim with Black Ops for 320 euro. Most 160gb Slims are 299 euro.

Was passing HMV in drogheda earlier and they had a sign out front selling Ps3 with Black OP's for €309 iirc, didn't sound like a great deal to me but then I don't follow ps3 pricing so can't say.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Any PS3 console bargains out there at the moment?

Get it online from the UK and take advantage of the euro being at a low versus sterling. Amazon.co.uk have some good deals. I picked mine up and saved over €50 versus in-store prices last time the single currency tanked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Get it online from the UK and take advantage of the euro being at a low versus sterling. Amazon.co.uk have some good deals. I picked mine up and saved over €50 versus in-store prices last time the single currency tanked out.

Just checked that, thats mad. Would prefer to go into a shop to pick one up, might even trade in a few games but will definitely keep Amazon in mind, sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

anyone know a good place to pick up mass effect 2 on ps3 for cheapish?

heard good things about the game and have yet to get my hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Went into HMV on Grafton Street this morning to trade in LA Noire and saw they were selling Castlevania Lord Of Shadows for 12.99. I snapped it up at that price. Dunno if it's available cheaper elsewhere but I was happy to get it for that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

rossism wrote: »
    anyone know a good place to pick up mass effect 2 on ps3 for cheapish?

heard good things about the game and have yet to get my hands on it.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9291274/Trail/searchtext%3EMASS+EFFECT+2.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Civilization V £16.99 [€19 approx] on Game download.
    Just bought myself waiting on key code, anyone ever buy digitally from them before?

scratch that just got my code.

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Civilization-V-2014-43.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Dungeon Siege 3 for PS3 and XBOX360 is €21.98 NEW in Game in Ilac Centre in Dublin,usually these prices are company wide,I got the last Limited Edition on PS3, there are some ordinary versions left,seems a good instore price for such a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dungeon Siege 3 for PS3 and XBOX360 is €21.98 NEW in Game in Ilac Centre in Dublin,usually these prices are company wide,I got the last Limited Edition on PS3, there are some ordinary versions left,seems a good instore price for such a new game.

its overpriced for what it is...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dcully wrote: »
    Civilization V £16.99 [€19 approx] on Game download.
    Just bought myself waiting on key code, anyone ever buy digitally from them before?

scratch that just got my code.

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Civilization-V-2014-43.html

It's still 15 euro in Gamestop retail shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's still 15 euro in Gamestop retail shop.

indeed. found it last friday. was thinking of picking it up, but then realised that i want to live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I picked up Sega's Vanquish for 360 for €9 over the weekend at Harvey Norman.

Been steadily watching it drop in price since release, now was clearly the time to buy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Medieval TW & Kingdoms Expansion $3.98 thats about €2.80...if you don't own them this is the cheapest I have ever seen, years of entertainment value.

Empire & Napoleon TW at $7.98 just over a fiver, today only!

Rome TW Complete with 2 expansions $5.98

Plus all SEGA games at a discount.

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Medieval TW & Kingdoms Expansion $3.98 thats about €2.80...if you don't own them this is the cheapest I have ever seen, years of entertainment value.

Empire & Napoleon TW at $7.98 just over a fiver, today only!

Rome TW Complete with 2 expansions $5.98

Plus all SEGA games at a discount.

Im actually in the market for a good TW game, im addicted to Civ 5 at the moment and its given me an appetite for more slower paced and/or turn based strategy games.
    I was going to grab the latest one shogun 2 total war but these deals look very good, any tips on which i should go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Just picked up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on the Xbox 360 for €12.99. It was down from €44.99 in the bricks and mortar HMV in the crescent shopping center in Limerick. It was brand new, not second hand or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Dcully wrote: »
    Im actually in the market for a good TW game, im addicted to Civ 5 at the moment and its given me an appetite for more slower paced and/or turn based strategy games.
    I was going to grab the latest one shogun 2 total war but these deals look very good, any tips on which i should go for?

Rome:TW came before Medieval 2:TW and Empire&Napoleon so theres a good start.

If you check out twcenter.net you'll see a vast community which has come up with dozens of Mods for all the games. A personal favourite of mine was The Third Age TW for M2TW which was a total conversion to a TW game in the Lord of the Rings setting.

But M2:TW & its expansion for less than €3 is an absolute steal.

The newer titles like Empire, Napoleon & Shogun 2 need a good graphics card & CPU for sustained bouts of play but I'm sure if you're playing Civ 5 you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Mafia 2 is available new from amazon.co.uk for 13 pound, ( around 15 euro). Its a great time for online buying atm what with the euro being so low against the sterling! Just wondering does anybody have any thoughts on mafia 2?

Rome:TW came before Medieval 2:TW and Empire&Napoleon so theres a good start.

If you check out twcenter.net you'll see a vast community which has come up with dozens of Mods for all the games. A personal favourite of mine was The Third Age TW for M2TW which was a total conversion to a TW game in the Lord of the Rings setting.

But M2:TW & its expansion for less than €3 is an absolute steal.

The newer titles like Empire, Napoleon & Shogun 2 need a good graphics card & CPU for sustained bouts of play but I'm sure if you're playing Civ 5 you'll be fine.

Thankcs for that mate.
    Ive a high end pc so all is well there.
    I opted for medieval 2 TW and kingdoms expansion,bargain price.

Mafia 2 is available new from amazon.co.uk for 13 pound, ( around 15 euro). Its a great time for online buying atm what with the euro being so low against the sterling! Just wondering does anybody have any thoughts on mafia 2?

Pretty good game but not as good as Mafia 1 imo.
    Combat is excellent but i found there wasnt enough of it and most of the missions involved mindless driving allover the place.
    I soon tired of the driving from one of the city to the other and back again then rinse and repeat and quit playing.
    Maybe it gets better later in the game but i just wasnt interested in progressing further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pretty good game but not as good as Mafia 1 imo.
    Combat is excellent but i found there wasnt enough of it and most of the missions involved mindless driving allover the place.
    I soon tired of the driving from one of the city to the other and back again then rinse and repeat and quit playing.
    Maybe it gets better later in the game but i just wasnt interested in progressing further.[/QUOTE]

Well I havnt bought any games in a while, but Im am getting a few soon, and online is the place for bargains atm. I think I will get la noire also, but I have heard mixed things? Some say a gaming masterpiece which blurs the line between movies and gaming while others are calling it repetitive, uninteresting and too easy...

Also I think I will get fight night champion, I love boxing games, and this one is supposed to have a great story mode as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Lads Grid is on Steam for £2.99 for the next two or three days and Codemasters are giving all the profits from the sales go to Gamesaid Charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

have made other posts on this but will point out - the free good online pc game

"So heres the link to the free action Pc Game - http://www.thewarinc.com/
    it also can be got off steam if you have it.

Its quite good and free - though you can pay for extra stuff but you dont have too, ive had it 24 hours now and its good game....

Ill point out its 3rd person sort of thing but dont let that stop u its real good when you get in to it..... Also its ofc a online game....
    Download this for yourself /child / who ever, its realy great fun and to think its free! and I would pay money to have it... Last call of duty game cost me just over 60e... and to think this is better! "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

+1, decent game and free, and just over 1 GB download, i was playing it in under 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Runs like yack on my PC, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

buyer95 wrote: »
    I think I will get la noire also, but I have heard mixed things? Some say a gaming masterpiece which blurs the line between movies and gaming while others are calling it repetitive, uninteresting and too easy...

I'd strongly advise you to have a good read of the latter part of the la noire thread on here before you spend any money on it, might be one to let come down in price a bit first. With the amount of people that bought it and it's limited replay value (or even gameplay!) I reckon there will be a lot of second hand copies around in the coming months and the price will drop alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

L.A Noire was the the biggest let down of a game ever. Save yourself some money and just rent it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement