Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

First couple of hours of L.A. Noire were amazing. Unfortunately once those first two hours are basically repeated 14 times over it starts to get a tad boring.

Avoid or rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings-Steam-Key.html

^^ witcher 2 is only €13 on g2play. Really tempted :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Trevor451 wrote: »

A couple of alright bonuses/offers along with it, might get it, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Trevor451 wrote: »

Are these guys legit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Looking for Mass Effect 1 & 2 for cheap, thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 JMcG92

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Looking for Mass Effect 1 & 2 for cheap, thanks guys
    The 360/PC versions can usually be found for just over a tenner each on Amazon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Picked up a copy of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for 22 in Game today new, almost a tenner cheaper than it is in the other bricks & mortar stores.

I feel bad buying a NFS game after all the pointless junk the franchise has churned out, but I'm on a Criterion Games buzz at the moment and **** it it's meant to be awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Picked up a copy of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for 22 in Game today new, almost a tenner cheaper than it is in the other bricks & mortar stores.

I feel bad buying a NFS game after all the pointless junk the franchise has churned out, but I'm on a Criterion Games buzz at the moment and **** it it's meant to be awesome :)

It is the only NFS game I've really like. Awesome game.

Did you buy it on 360 or PS3? If PS3 add me: The40Watt.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Yeah its very enjoyable. Especially the autolog feature... Its amazing how many times you will play one race over and over just to beat a mate's time by half a second.

Pity the next incarnation 'Need for speed: Run' looks like utter garbage. I mean, what were they thinking?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Did you buy it on 360 or PS3? If PS3 add me: The40Watt.

My 360 has been powered off for over a fortnight now so needed to show it some love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dcully wrote: »
    Civilization V £16.99 [€19 approx] on Game download.
    Just bought myself waiting on key code, anyone ever buy digitally from them before?

scratch that just got my code.

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Civilization-V-2014-43.html
    It's still 15 euro in Gamestop retail shop.
    indeed. found it last friday. was thinking of picking it up, but then realised that i want to live :(

€17 on steam now http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

(£10 in England :rolleyes:)

Glebee wrote: »
    Are these guys legit...

I bought portal 2 from them and had no problems. I also just bought the witcher 2.

22GB download :eek: At least I have UPC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

got black ops for xbox 360 preowned today for 26 euro delivery included on game.co.uk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

JMcG92 wrote: »
    The 360/PC versions can usually be found for just over a tenner each on Amazon.

I'm looking for it in stores, dont have any credit cards :(

jackoire wrote: »
    I know russian sellers that are selling them cheaper.
    Portal 1 + 2 for 11 euros and the witcher 2 for 9 euro. Pretty much any new game for 9 - 12 euros except BF3 extended edition (pre-order) for 20e.
    Payment method is moneybookers and webmoney, they can be contacted on ICQ / Skype for immediate sales. Or you can just pay by webmoney and thell email you the key(s).

Looks like they g2play is making a good money :pac:

mind giving me a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why they don't use paypal?

Knowing Russian websites there is something wrong about it. And no I am not raccist. I cam speak Russian perfectly, I just know how good Russian scammers and hackers are.

I bet those cd keys are from stolen games, and this is the easiest way to wash them out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dodgy posts deleted. If someone from Russia is offering something too good to be true it more than likely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here's a bargain for ye, Free PSN voucher for Black Ops First Strike DLC. First person to request it on this thread gets it.

I bought a new PS3 and the Black Ops bundle was the best deal but they let me trade the black ops game against the ps3 straight away along with my own copy of the game. Never knew they the bundle came with a First Strike voucher as well. Anyone I know who has BLOPS either doesn't play it any more or already has the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Crosáidí wrote: »
    me please
    Jaysus that was quick, PM sent man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jaysus that was quick, PM sent man :)

For anyone into deep Strategy games, EUIII Chronicles is a must buy at €7.50, like playing Risk on your PC, great game
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU3C/europa-universalis-iii-chronicles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) ever going on sale? It's still the best part of €40; it must be out coming up to a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

First/second party Nintendo stuff remain higher for longer unfortunately. Mario Galaxy was still ~€40 when Galaxy 2 came out. It'd dropped a bit more since then, but only to ~€30, which is high for a 2007 game.

DKCR has been out since December - it's up to you if you want to wait longer or just bite the bullet and get it. The price will probably* remain static for a while more.

*Don't blame me if it drops like a stone a week after you get it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Is Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) ever going on sale? It's still the best part of €40; it must be out coming up to a year now.

Yeah, as someone already said, don't hold your breath waiting for a Nintendo first/second party price-drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Humble Bundle #3 (inc Crayon Physics Deluxe / Hammerfight / VVVVVV / And Yet It Moves / Cogs) - 'Pay What You Want'

logo.png
    Humble Bundle #3
    Just seen the latest in the 'pay what you want' Humble Bundle series of indie game compilations (DRM-free):

Contains:
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Hammerfight
    VVVVVV
    And Yet It Moves
    Cogs

It states "All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux." - and redeemable on "Steam and Desura"

You can choose your own price, but, be generous please - the money goes to charity/developers as you choose :)

(from HUKD)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I got bundles 1&2, so thank you for notifying me about Bundle 3 :)

Duke Nukem Forever on PS3 and 360 on play-asia for 13.29 plus shipping. Asian versions but both are region free.

The question is: do you actually want Duke Nukem Forever? The answer is probably 'no', but hey it's cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, as someone already said, don't hold your breath waiting for a Nintendo first/second party price-drop.

Up to a few months ago Zelda: Twilight Princess was still €40... I was going to buy it until i saw the price, and it's next to impossible to get it preowned...

Edit: Yup, still £35 on Amazon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was lucky enough with Zelda. Got a Wii at Christmas and looked for it after. Found it for 15 euro preowned in gamestop Limerick.

Recently I bought Assassins Creed 2 GOTY edition (preowned) for 9.20 off CEX online, just used paypal. Seems to be the cheapest price. (normal version going for 14 euro preowned in gamestop.)

Also got Fallout:NV fro 17 euro and Demon's Souls phantom edition for 24 euro, all preowned in Game out in mahon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement