Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

HMV: Was in 2 different HMV branches over the weekend and they seem to have littered their used games sections with used games with no covers, the few I picked up were like new, and one was over €20 cheaper than it's used copy that had a cover :D

Most of them are priced between €5-8, so if there is one near you might be worth a look. They had some FIFA games in my local for 98c but Ii left those there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Trine €1.99 on GG

STALKER €2.36

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

I see Fallout:New Vegas is €9.99 on steam. Cheapest ive seen it I think.
    Is it worth that??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Glebee wrote: »
    Is it worth that??
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is it worth that??
    Managed to engage me for 67 hours of playtime.So I say yes.
    Man I need help!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it worth that??

what ever you do - STAY THE FECK OUT FROM MAIN QUEST LINE!

i thought its good game after i finished, it left a bad taste in my mouth and i newer came back to it after.

P.S. Zavvi again with theyr lovely monday madness sale... bastards i cant ressist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

P.S. Zavvi again with theyr lovely monday madness sale... bastards i cant ressist!!!

Some seriously cracking offers there. They're pretty much the reason I don't buy games at launch anymore. You can just wait a month and get them for €20 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

portal 2, 17.50e on zavvi there (monday madness)

hmmm...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

R.U.S.E is a fiver on the Ubisoft store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Call of Juarez: The Cartel 22.49

I know it's meant to be dirt, but anyone looking for the new CoJ game, it's cheap enough to trade back in and not lose much.

You can thank nitromaster over in the nintendo forum for this one

3DS is €154.97 limited online price while stocks last on gamestop:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/41735_Nintend...mic_Black.aspx

If you act quick you might be able to get the 3DS delivered to you before the deadline for activating your 3DS on the e-shop by Thursday(i think) so you can get the 20 free games. Should be free delivery since they offer free 1-2 day shipping for orders over €150.

Brilliant price. Is the possible risk of not getting it before Thursday the deal breaker. I think it's definitely worth a shot, especially if you were planning on getting one fairly soon.

So if it is recieved Thursday, the games can be gotten? Cut off is Thursday night is it?

So I believe. I think, if you order it today, it should be sent out for delivery tomorrow and you should receive it by Thursday. Of course, it might not work out for you that way though. Email them to see hello@gamestop.ie. Wouldn't expect a reply until sometime tomorrow at least.

Ah pheck it, I'm risking it, if it comes off it'll be amazing, if not I'll try and return it...!

Ah pheck it, I'm risking it, if it comes off it'll be amazing, if not I'll try and return it...!
    They do have a 7 day return policy I believe but it must be returned unopened/in brand new condition.
    Again, from their website
    PRODUCT ISSUES

I want to return a product I bought online

Not what you thought? That's okay; you can return products anywhere up to 7 days from receiving the delivery as long as the product and packaging are in brand new condition.

The easiest way is to pop down to your local GameStop store and return the items across the counter for a quick exchange. Remember to bring your invoice with you. Before you call to your local store please contact our customer service centre at hello@gamestop.ie

If you prefer you can send it back to our online returns department, keep in mind though that if shipping back an item it will take a few days for us to process the return/exchange. Before you send it back to our returns department please contact our customer service centre at hello@gamestop.ie
    Will I have to pay the postage costs for returns?

We are happy to reimburse postage costs for any good that has a manufacturers fault. Unfortunately we can't cover any postage costs if it's change of mind.

They do have a 7 day return policy I believe but it must be returned unopened/in brand new condition.
    Again, from their website
    That's fine because if it's not on my doorstep the Thursday it won't be opened at all! Thanks a million for your detective work...! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Reading a few reviews of the 20 free games. Not tremendously clear cut how it works as the games are not available yet or are they? I was a little confused, if you register by Thursday can you download the games at any later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The 20 aren't coming out at once, it's just when they are out that people who registered before the deadline can download them for free.

Just as a follow up lads, I sent them an email last night to see if it was possible to buy it online and pick it up instore. They sadly said NO. But they did say that
    Unfortunately we do not offer that service. If you place your order today with express delivery and email me your order confirmation number I will have it sent today. Somebody will need to be at home tomorrow to accept the delivery. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,
    Gamestop.ie.
    It's probably best to email hello@gamestop.ie first to see if they are able to accommodate you too.
    Get to it lads if you want the 20 free games and the 3DS at that great price.
    Sadly, I already own one, having bought it just over a months ago. But still love it.

• Advertisement

FYI, just for anyone who isn't aware, EU distance selling regulations allow any consumer (not business) 7 working days from the day after delivery to return any item bought and delivered in the EU for a full refund (less delivery costs).

Return can be for any reason whatsoever, you dont have to specify, and refund has to be sorted by the seller within 30 days, so for the guys ordering a 3DS and hoping to get a delivery by Thursday, all you're really taking a risk on is the delivery cost.

FYI, just for anyone who isn't aware, EU distance selling regulations allow any consumer (not business) 7 working days from the day after delivery to return any item bought and delivered in the EU for a full refund (less delivery costs).

Return can be for any reason whatsoever, you dont have to specify, and refund has to be sorted by the seller within 30 days, so for the guys ordering a 3DS and hoping to get a delivery by Thursday, all you're really taking a risk on is the delivery cost.
    Gamestop will allow you to drop it back into one of their store to return it and get a refund. It says so on their site in the FAQ.No need to pay for delivery, maybe bus fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Is the Xenoblade bundle really €70? I'd have imagined it would be €60...Like the UK price. (When you convert it over anyway) Hoping it's a typo on the website like their release date. They said it's coming out on the 15th, and it's actually the 19th..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Apparntly the trade in offer for 3ds's from tomorrow on includes trade in a dsi xl + 60 euro = 3ds.

My friend was able to trade his in today though so might be worth trying to do likewise with a trade in or trying to get the lower price today.

Mafia II €4.99 for 24 hrs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Gamersgate have the Drakensange series dirt cheap:

Drakensang: $2.99

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DRAK/drakensang-the-dark-eye

Drakensang: River of Time: $5.99

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DSROT/drakensang-the-river-of-time

and

Drakensang: Philleasons Secret: $2.99

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DSPS/drakensang-phileassons-secret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xtra Vision have 3 for 2 on used games, my local also had a big range of games that were missing covers for €5 so I got 3 for €10

Saints Row 2 on PC via Gamersgate.com for only €2.50. It also registers with Steam too. Although Savvygamer says that it might be the censored version of the game. Actually just registered it there and it is indeed the German version of the game that registers. The one you buy from Gamersgate will be the uncensored version. It's just the version that registers with Steam will be censored.

• Advertisement

What's great about GG is that it takes Laser and the Blue Coins rewards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement