Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When can I go back on the Pill?

• 06-02-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi

I've gone off the Pill for the past two months, now I want to go back on it. Does anyone know when I should take the first Pill again? Is it at the end of my period as it always was when I was on it. Or the first day of my period like when I started taking it. And will it take time to become regular again or should it happen straight away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Read the instructions that come with your perscription,
    really you should be asking these type of questions of your gp when you go for you consultation.
    Your paying to see you dr ask them the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Yeah I know, but I'm not due back for another 5 months so I'm not overly keen on paying 50 quid for that question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

As with any prescribed medication read the intructions that come with the perscription and follow them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Read the instructions, they are usually very clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

You should start again on the first day of your next period and use contraception such as condom for the following 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Thank you Lauren!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

use contraception such as condom for the following 7 days.

Hi I was in a similar situation and was told to go back on it the first day of my period AND use extra protection (condoms) for 2 weeks following that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

And I was told you won't get pregnant if you have sex while standing up and blow your nose three times afterwards.

Lorri_L, either phone the family planning clinic, read the instructions with the medicine, call your doctor and ask them to answer your question over the phone or pay the fifty quid.

What are you going to do if Spicy Lauren's advice is incorrect because you're using a brand of contraceptive pill that she's not familiar with, eh? I mean cheekyass thinks its TWICE the duration. Perhaps if you use condoms for the first week and stand up and blow your nose after sex for the second you won't have the unwanted baybeddies. (Like boobedies, only babier.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Gaillimhtaibhse

Yes, read the instructions to be better informed, but medical advice should be your first consideration. Everyone is different, and medications are different in terms of how they affect you. There is also a concern with drug interactions if you are doing more than the pill (either by prescription or recreationally or both). Pregnancy is not your only concern. Although you can obtain useful information from these boards, please seek qualified medical advice when it concerns your body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Ask your pharmacist. It doesn't cost anything and they will refer you to a doctor if they can't answer your questions. The pharmacist is always my first port of call before I head off to a doctor.

A.

• Advertisement
Advertisement