Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Cartoon Ever

• 06-02-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

On Saturday I watched The 100 best cartoons ever on E4, I was wondering what everyones favorite cartoon from when they were a child???

Personally, mine is Animaniacs!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Dastardly and Muttley. Especially Muttley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

The Simpsons,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

The Simpsons,

Word. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

Tough call. Overall my favourite would be Simpsons. So many years of quality programming, but as a child I was quite partial to the X-Men animated series. I rewatched it recently too and it still holds up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Although the Simpsons is head and shoulders above every other cartoon, my favorite cartoon from my childhood was Dungeons and Dragons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I liked the Mysterious Cities of Gold the best when I was a kid.

I liked the fact that it seemed that bit more mature than the other cartoons at the time and had a running storyline from week to week.

He-man and Skeletor would just get up to the same sh*t week after week and it would drive me nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

I would say the Simpsons, but counting my childhood as under the age of 10 say, so say the eighties, you couldn't beat Tom & Jerry or Roadrunner

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Buttermilk

Simpsons and South Park would be my fav and still are! I grew up watching Simpsons and South Park. My fav childhood cartoon would be My Little Pony, She-woman, Sailor Moon, Charlie Brown and Snoopy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭How U Like That

it's gotta be The Simpsons or Tom & Jerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Lorri_L wrote:
    Hi,

On Saturday I watched The 100 best cartoons ever on E4, I was wondering what everyones favorite cartoon from when they were a child???

Personally, mine is Animaniacs!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum!

Is the list anywhere on the internet? What was number one anyway, I presume it was the Simpsons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Yes the Simpsons was number one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Lorri_L wrote:

So much better than the rest that it had to be posted twice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'd say my favourites are the following:

Spongebob Squarepants
    Futurama
    King of the Hill(The earlier stuff, it's dreadful anymore)
    American Dad
    OR, my personal favourite
    Family Fuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

family guy and the teenage ninja mutant turtles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

I loved all of those superhero cartoons [wow.................I was a strange little girl] I adored that Batman cartoon even though it was rather dark for an animated series [back then anyway] I heard it won an award!!!:D

BTW, I heard that there's a new batman cartoon and that THe Edge does the theme. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. would it be better than Danny Elfman.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Eva24 wrote:
    would it be better than Danny Elfman.....

don't be silly! nobody can touch the Elfman aka untouchable...he who can not be touched by another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

'Batman The Animated Series' is the best cartoon ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

The Simpsons has to be the best of all time, but before The Simpsons, came Ulysses 31,, and it was my number one as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

my all time favourite is the Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote

some of the funniest animation ever made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Mine would have to be Foghorn leghorn, (rooster and the dog)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup, rewatched most of the Road Runner cartoons a couple of years ago while watching over my ill son in temple street and wow, they are really funny, especially the one with the steel wall that pops out of the road, doesn't work but they wait til the conclusion of the cartoon for it to cause disaster and pain for the hapless wile e. coyote, genius, anyone else wonder why Acme Inc. didn't do take out food for him, could have saved a lot of bother!

My faves are Battle of the Planets, from way back in the misty mists of the mists of the 70's and the best of all time were Robotech series from the 80's, watched the first 2 seasons on an old satellite channel called "premier", awesome stuff, now I'm all growed up, where's my Veritech fighter thingy?
    Loved Tiny Toon Adventures, kinda the start of the cartoon revolution on tv, Animanics was good but Pinky And The Brain ruled them all, "Look Brain, I can blow bubbles with my spit!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

my favourite is Family Guy but the best could perhaps be the Simpsons (as it was on the 100 Greatest Cartoons on e4). I saw that show ages ago..I love those countdowns on e4. I saw the 100 Greatest Kids Tv shows last night and the Simpsons won that too! Brought back some good aul memories...

on the subject, also:

Bod
    Jamie and the Magic Torch
    Charlie Says
    Futurama
    Spongebob Squarepants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

transformers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

simpsons
    south park

king of the hill