Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommended upgrades for a VW Corrado G60

Options
  • 06-02-2006 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I own a VW Corrado g60 with a fooked supercharger. Looks like I will have to replace the charger so I was thinking of saving the extra money to get the upgraded charger. What other parts will I have to replace to compensate for the increased power (i.e. clutch) and is there any other upgrades I could get along with the charger to get the most power I can out of it. Also, any recommendation on what level of upgraded charger should I get? I am not worried about how long I have to save but I don't want to have to replace everything:-) I am not too technical so I will probably have to get some stuff fitted professionally so if you could mention how much the upgrades will cost to get fitted too that would be great.
    Cheers,
    Stevo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 cakehole

NIce motor...if you want the work done i would say go to the UK. There are a lot of good mechanics here i know but with a rare model like that you want guys with experience doing the work...i dont think many were sold in this country originally...much rarer than the vr6 model. even rare in uk in right hand drive.
    Plenty of websites to help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Getting the supercharger isn't a problem, g-werks in the uk or L-S cartec in germany look like the best options. A new charger is easy enough to fit too. What I was wondering is what else would I need to add/change to compensate for the extra power from an upgraded charger and what else could I add (other than the charger) to get more power out of it? It is 171bhp with a cone filter added I want to get it up to about 220bhp. Anymore is just a waste cause it's front wheel drive, it already spins easily in first and second gear on dry tarmac. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Hi there esskay I am currently driving a 1991 Inca Blue G60. With regard to upgrading the supercharger I would recommend puting an origional reconditioned charger back into the car, you can have problems if you are trying to get too much power out of a standard charger. However if you do want to go that way G-werks are probably the best.

Check out: http://the-corrado.net there are guys on there who will forget more about Corrados than i will ever know!!

Aln_S wrote:
    I am currently driving a 1991 Inca Blue G60.

Just out of curiosity, how many miles per gallon do you get? The most i got out of mine was about 25mpg, just wondering if that is good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Yeah about 25 to 28 mpg is the best I have got alright. It is no problem to get alot less than that tho!:D

• Advertisement

Too true, once the lead foot makes an appearance the mpg goes through the floor :D

Just in case anyone is interested there is a G60 for sale on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4613848464
    Not mine btw, mine is white

Advertisement