Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goverment SSIA/ Pension Add-on

Options
  • 06-02-2006 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi,
    i dont have a SSIA (it really cheeses me off at this stage but i was a poor student with head in the sand at the time).
    What i am wondering is :Is this extra pension investment plan for SSIA holders to put there money into and receive 1 in 3 euros top-up from the government not discrimination against people who do not have an SSIA at all.
    Surely it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its very selective in its nature. I'd agree.
    I took out a SSIA and bothered to take out a pension despite been on 20% tax rate and scraping money together over the years yet there is no incentive for the likes of myself to a financial reward when the SSIA ends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yes - it is very discriminatory - but them's the rules and I doubt if it is going to change. You might want to voice your displeasure to BIFFO Cowen via Dept of Finance.

Advertisement