Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric Mirrors

Options
  • 06-02-2006 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    New Skoda Octavia. Only have it a month. Can you confirm the following as accurate or not. Electric windows with 4 positions.
    a) heater
    b) off
    c) L to adjust left mirror
    d) R to adjust right mirror

or so I thought...I was convinced this is the way it was, untill I rang garrage this morning. Now I'm having doubts
    Salesman says "R" position is not for right but for both mirrors. "L" adjusts only left side.
    I was sure both mirrors were independent of each other. he further said that this is the way it is on all VWs as well.
    So Is anybody out there with a new skoda or VW / Audi that can check for me please
    regards
    t

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

My golf has 3 positions, heat, l and r. To turn off the heat the manual says to leave it on l or r. L moves the left and R moves the right

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure my Bora did that, i.e. L adjusts only the position of the left mirror, and R adjusts both, but in opposite directions if you get what I mean, i.e. both mirrors move inwards together, or outwards together, rather than both moving 'left' or 'right'. Didn't have a separate heater position, just came on with the heated rear window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, the salesman is right, that's the way they should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

There should be no problem.

Octavia is a lovely car i was thinking about getting one.

Is yours a deisel or petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That's not how my Passat works. Mine is:

1) Left / Heater Off
    2) Heater / Adjust both mirrors together.
    3) Right / Heater Off

Mirrors need to be set up the same in the first place for them to be adjusted simultaneously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Yeah thats how they work, I used have an 01 Octavia and it was the same.

Advertisement