Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What graphics Card

Options
  • 06-02-2006 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi

I want to upgrade my graphics card in my PC i have a packard bell I-Media 1308 with 700mb ram with a celeron d processor

I am not exactly a computer wis so i havnt a clue what card is compatable i dont really have a budget as yet as i want to see what is available

Can some one tell me what ones i can use

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hi,

Firstly, you must determine if you have an agp or pci-e slot, or if you actually have either. Some cheaper computers, especially those with celeron processors, don't have a graphics slot so upgrading could be limited to very poor cards that won't really be an upgrade at all(regular pci).

Also, a Celeron is not the best for gaming. With games from a few years ago like Far Cry etc it should be fine as long as it's a decent Celeron, but for modern games, especially hardware intensive ones like Battlefield 2, they are quite weak.

Firstly we can find out what you have at the moment? I assume it's most likely integrated gfx. Right click on desktop, go to properties, then click settings. Tell us what's there at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's wierd, thread still says replies 0.....perhaps it's just my computer, but boards acting mightily peculiar for me today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

I dont really know what im looking does this help

651_661FX_741_760_760GX_M661FX_M661MX_M741_M760_M760GX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Ant you are basically in much the same boat as this other guy that we were answering over a week ago. To save retyping the lot, go and read through what was said on the following thread first and see if any of it helps you understand your situation/options:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054881332
    Then shout again with any questions.

Advertisement