Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail member directory?

• 06-02-2006 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can answer this question: does gmail have a member directory? You know like msn used to have where you could search whether someone has an email address with them?

Reason I wanna know is I just tried to send an email to someone I have not been in touch with for a while using a hotmail address, and got the 'error of dead address'. I know the person has a gmail account, I just dont know the address. I know that most likely they would have registered it with a real name and was wondering is there anyway for me to search for this address??

Or any way for me to find 'any' address for a person like this?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Download Google Talk and you can search for gmail users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Download Google Talk and you can search for gmail users.

I already use Google Talk, but I didnt think you could search for users without knowing their address using it - how would I do this?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I don't think you can to be honest!!! That'd be a little dodgy no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It would be a mega harvest for spambots if you could, so no, it's pretty much impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

yep no way in hell they'd make such a list public. they're under enough pressure at the moment for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

ive a gmail addy and i hope they dont publish members names :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ShamBoballa

anyone have invites for gmail?
    I was hoping it would be out of beta by now, but no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

pm me your email address and i'll send you one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 indesign

hi , I'm new here I don't know how to create my own post, or threads, by the way, can I ask here? I want to resolve my problem, I'm playing online game, and somebody hacked my account, he changed my password. I can find my password when I have my 2nd password, and email address, I have the 2nd password, but I forgot my email address, I asked the server about the email address that I used there, they only gave me the clue, can you help me ? how to find full gmail address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hi indesign, welcome to Boards.

This is a really old thread that you've posted in and it's not really in the forum where you'll get the most serious answers to your question, tbh.

First of all, as you're new to Boards, I suggest you take a look in this forum here. It might help show you what's what and how to do things on the boards.ie site.

When you've done that, The closest forum that I can think of that fits your question is here. If not, at least someone in there will at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement