Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blood boillin!!! help please!

• 06-02-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Right need advice big time.
    I jus got off the phone with my ex best friend which whom I had a big bust up a few months ago. The original fight started when she said sum nasty things bout one of our good friends, i gave out to her she went mad and then i proceeded to tell her a few home truths. She lost the plot, I walked away and walked away 3 times as she came after me. Then she threw me a slap and i punched her a few times, she fell on the ground and i walked home. Now according to my friends she had her whole familly(cousins, uncles etc..) up at her house she was bet up and constipated and everything. And of course Im the callis girl who tried to kill her. Anyways thats not the problem Im not really bothered. But now this good friend which she was bad mouthing her father died last week. I had exams last wk and this week so couldn go home till the thurs (the mass was on thurs funeral on fri) so I went straight down to her and spent time with her and her familly. On the day of the funeral she (ex best friend) went to the funeral but didnt go to the afters. My friend(whos father died) was very upset and had said to me that she betted it was cos of me that she didn go. She got very upset. Now my ex best friend didn even contact my grieving friend over the whole weekend either. so of course I was there for her...even though I should have been studyin(defo gona fail my exam 2day) But the problem my ex best friend sent my grieving friend a txt 2day and said that the reason she didn go was because i was there and she felt uncomfortable, so I txtd my ex best mate and I said that she was very selfish and dhe should have been there for our friend as it wasnt bout me and her it was about my grieving friend. She rang me and went to town on me now im raging and cant settle for my exam. But should I retaliate! I feel like trottling the dozy cow! Have I done the wrong thing? Does she deserve a head mashing or what! Plus I know shes cheating on her fiance (im not a rat but in this case I cud b)And any suggestions how to calm me down my blood is boilling!!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

First things first! CALM DOWN!!

If your at home, stuff your face into your pillow and scream into it!

You were wrong to punch her around the place! Your better of just avoiding somebody like that! She was probably afraid you would cause a scene at the funeral or something. But still she should have contacted her at the very least!

Try not to let her upset you, dont answer her calls in the future.

Can you repeat those exams if necessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Personally, if i were in your case i would send an anonoymous text to the fiance, with times, dates etc, so he can check it out.

You know she's been talking about you behind your back ... i would have no remorse, and you might even be doing the fiance a big favour too.

As for physically 'beating her up' I don reccomend it. However if you find yourself in a situation where she throws the first punch, i would feel free to return with interest! (Best to have a witness just in case).

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

If she's cheating on her fiance then tell him.
    If not for revenge then just to stop the poor bastard from making a fool of himself.

Good luck with the exam, and when it's over put all your effort into being there for your friend and put theother one to the back of your mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

However if you find yourself in a situation where she throws the first punch, i would feel free to return with interest! (Best to have a witness just in case).

suggesting that in this forum tends to get you banned
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...and i punched her a few times, she fell on the ground and i walked home.
    First up. Don't punch people. It's pathetic.
    My friend(whos father died) was very upset and had said to me that she betted it was cos of me that she didn go. She got very upset.
    I lost a parent, and I couldn't tell you half of my friends that showed up. It wasn important to me, but I was distracted with something else... That being said, everyone is different. How old is your friend?
    Now my ex best friend didn even contact my grieving friend over the whole weekend either.
    None of your business. You were there - that's all that matters.
    so of course I was there for her...even though I should have been studyin(defo gona fail my exam 2day)
    Wheither or not you should have been studying is your call - don't blame it on anyone else, you hardly moved in with her for the whole weekend.
    But the problem my ex best friend sent my grieving friend a txt 2day and said that the reason she didn go was because i was there and she felt uncomfortable,
    This is none of your business - you were there. Anything else is between her and your friend.
    so I txtd my ex best mate and I said that she was very selfish and dhe should have been there for our friend as it wasnt bout me and her it was about my grieving friend.
    ...so you butted in, started meddeling and an have now made it about you.
    She rang me and went to town on me now im raging and cant settle for my exam.
    What did you expect? You had a go at her, of course she was going to respond.
    But should I retaliate!
    ...yes if you want to carry on acting like a 12 year old.
    Have I done the wrong thing?
    In a word - yes.
    Does she deserve a head mashing or what!
    Perhaps, but most civil adults attempt to settle their differences without violence.
    Plus I know shes cheating on her fiance (im not a rat but in this case I cud b)
    She's engaged? How old are you guys? I got the impression you were in your early teens!?! Should you rat? Is it ANY of your business? -NO, so the only reason you are ratting is because you want to inflict pain or her, and in doing so you mess up their relationship. In your quest for revenge do you consider ANYONE else - or just the poor unfortunate you target?
    And any suggestions how to calm me down my blood is boilling!!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Take a deep breath. Think. Think. Think. Think again. Consider other people. Do some more thinking. Do some more considering. Then start thinking about acting.

Rince.
    Repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

py2006 wrote:
    First things first! CALM DOWN!!

If your at home, stuff your face into your pillow and scream into it!

Im in college...trying to study but I keep reverting back to the computer. Typin seems to calm me down!
    But flip me wat a waepon. She did throw the first punch I always give three chances to walk away cos im able to handle myself well. Im not voilent or anything but I will submit when I see It due if you know wat I mean!!
    The fiance is as bad though he's tryna pull her away from all her mates. Shes not jus lost me as a friend but a couple otehrs too. Hes english (really cheap, he'd sell his mother) but hes moved over here and plus if I say anything I think they wud all say that Im a conievin lil beatch!

Zulu wrote:
    First up. Don't punch people. It's pathetic.

I lost a parent, and I couldn't tell you half of my friends that showed up. It wasn important to me, but I was distracted with something else... That being said, everyone is different. How old is your friend?

None of your business. You were there - that's all that matters.
    Wheither or not you should have been studying is your call - don't blame it on anyone else, you hardly moved in with her for the whole weekend.

This is none of your business - you were there. Anything else is between her and your friend.

...so you butted in, started meddeling and an have now made it about you.

What did you expect? You had a go at her, of course she was going to respond.

...yes if you want to carry on acting like a 12 year old.
    In a word - yes.

Perhaps, but most civil adults attempt to settle their differences without violence.

She's engaged? How old are you guys? I got the impression you were in your early teens!?! Should you rat? Is it ANY of your business? -NO, so the only reason you are ratting is because you want to inflict pain or her, and in doing so you mess up their relationship. In your quest for revenge do you consider ANYONE else - or just the poor unfortunate you target?

First off we are in our mid 20's!
    Secondly I hit her in retalliation!
    Thirdly I only sent her the txt cos my mate asked me too.
    Thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

wow mid 20's!! I'm shocked! I presumed you were much younger!

First off we are in our mid 20's!
    Ok. Well in your post, you are comming across as a fired up teenager - not an adult. My apologies, but perhaps thats another issue to look at.
    Secondly I hit her in retalliation!
    Fair enough, but it's easy to walk away and keep walking. She came after you 3 times, and then hit you a slap, and you did nothing to provoke this? not even a snide remark? if you're telling us the truth, they you'd every right to hit her back, but what with her getting beatup and everything, sounds like you could have controlled the situation, but chose to go to town on her.
    -Again this is all second guessing form your post so I'll drop it and give you the benifit of the doubt-
    Thirdly I only sent her the txt cos my mate asked me too.
    So you're mate - whos greaving a lost parent, told you to send a text to your other friend (who you've just beaten up) to explain to her how selfish she was for not going to the funeral? :confused:

You seriously expect me to beleve that?

Perhaps she suggested that you guys try to make up?
    Thats all.
    ...well that's all for the moment I'm sure. ;)

py2006 wrote:
    wow mid 20's!! I'm shocked! I presumed you were much younger!

Yeah in our mid 20's actually the physco ex mate is older by bout 2 years!
    But Im the only one still in colg... its a 5yr degree before u ask..im not a waster!

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote:
    Ok. Well in your post, you are comming across as a fired up teenager - not an adult. My apologies, but perhaps thats another issue to look at.

Fair enough, but it's easy to walk away and keep walking. She came after you 3 times, and then hit you a slap, and you did nothing to provoke this? not even a snide remark? if you're telling us the truth, they you'd every right to hit her back, but what with her getting beatup and everything, sounds like you could have controlled the situation, but chose to go to town on her.
    -Again this is all second guessing form your post so I'll drop it and give you the benifit of the doubt-

So you're mate - whos greaving a lost parent, told you to send a text to your other friend (who you've just beaten up) to explain to her how selfish she was for not going to the funeral? :confused:

You seriously expect me to beleve that?

Perhaps she suggested that you guys try to make up?

...well that's all for the moment I'm sure. ;)

Jesus christ mate... Im not lookin for symapathy jus suggestions on a resolution.
    Every word in which I have typed is the god honest truth , why wud I lie. Thats one thing I cant stand is lieing. Far from it Im a firm beliver in the whole once, twice , three times a lady...thing. Giving 3 chances. I didn go to town on here god I wouldnt.

And as from my mate. She is in ribbons and when I told her about the ex friend callin me she was glad because I made her feeling known to the other one.

But in fairness I do agree with alot of ur points and I do tend to have a high temper that I do speak and act sometimes before I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest putting a huge ammount of distance bettween yourself and any of your 'friends'.
    You have to but yourself and your future first.
    Consentrate on your exams and college work and let the rest of them go to hell in a handbasket.
    Those who are your true friends will get in touch with you for the right reasons.
    Let other people say and think what ever the hell they like, you can't stop them or change thier minds and there is no point in trying.
    If the people in your life at still at this school yard crap and have not grown up to realise that civilty costs nothing and somethings in life are more important than thier silly spats then they are not worth having in you life.

Jesus christ mate... Im not lookin for symapathy jus suggestions on a resolution.
    ...well the best way to resolve the situation is to apologise to her. And then never go near her again (not that you'd want to by the sounds of things). That will resolve it from your side.
    And as from my mate. She is in ribbons and when I told her about the ex friend callin me she was glad because I made her feeling known to the other one.
    fair enough.

Thaedydal wrote:
    I would suggest putting a huge ammount of distance bettween yourself and any of your 'friends'.
    You have to but yourself and your future first.
    Consentrate on your exams and college work and let the rest of them go to hell in a handbasket.
    Those who are your true friends will get in touch with you for the right reasons.
    Let other people say and think what ever the hell they like, you can't stop them or change thier minds and there is no point in trying.
    If the people in your life at still at this school yard crap and have not grown up to realise that civilty costs nothing and somethings in life are more important than thier silly spats then they are not worth having in you life.

Good advice thank u.
    Think ur dead right.
    Was thinkin bout stayn up in colg during the weekend
    too.Thats really good advice.
    Its seems like I am to loyal 2 my mates... think Ill
    have to change that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

... Im not lookin for symapathy jus suggestions on a resolution.
    Well then I would suggest that you first of all stop beating people up.

Secondly, stop getting involved with what the ex-friend says or does especially with regards to your grieving mate, that's their problem.

Thirdly, get the idea of telling her fiance that she's cheating on him out of your head, it's absolutely none of your business, and nobody will thank you if you do.

And finally, use paragraphs. I find it gets your point across better.

Advertisement