Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef with Cumin

• 06-02-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I ate in the Alilang house Korean restaurant on Parnell st last night and had a gorgeous beef with cumin. I assume it was beef marinated in a cumin sauce and then stir fried with shallots and peppers.

any ideas how to make the cumin marinade. It was really lovely, very flavoursome and smelt wonderful.

I would guess and will try making it using garlic, a finely chopped onoin, a finely chopped chile, quite a bit of ground cumin and maybe a small amount of stock to bind the ingredients and make a marinade.

Anyone here ever cook something similar or any guesses as to how you'd make it.

I've tried googiling it but amn';t really coming up wioth something. I'm not sure if it's a particularly Korean dish or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

To get a really good flavour from the cumin, I'd recommend toasting some cumin seeds and bashing them into a powder in a pestle & mortar, rather than using preground. If you already have ground, you can toast that too, but remember ground spices only retain their scent for a limited amount of time. After a few months, they lose intensity.

I don't think you would need stock, it's not generally used in marinades. You could use a little sesame oil and a splash of a good vinegar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mairin

ah of course oil makes more sense then stoke. thanks

Advertisement