Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

junior cert art.anyone near finished?

• 06-02-2006 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

im doing (honours)art for my jc and all i have done is my graphic design and most of my 3d and iv started my option to put in a nutshell i think im ****ed :confused: well i dont no if im on track or what is so annoying ! if anyone else is doing art wb to this and tell me how yous are doing !!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

There's still time... I hadn't even started my 3d and option (being lino printing) until well after the start of the new year, as far as I recall... And I got everything done on time.
    So long as you're not doing everything painstakingly slowly I'd say you should be fine... how much of the prepwork and all have you got done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

i have my prep work for my graph design and most of it done for my 3d nd 1 sketch 4 my option aswell !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

I have done three quarters of my 3d and I haven't done my prep sheet and now I'm doing my craft. I've done a copy of a painting,I don't know if that's part of the project. I haven't done much but were going along with my teachers time table thing and she has done it every year and it seems to work out. I don't know if we will get it done in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

I only have my picture/painting, (I call it my picture because how is it a painting if I used chalk?) and my batik/option (I call it my batik seeing as we didn't have the OPTION of doing anything else other than Batik), i have the prep sheets and support studies for these done also, along with our prep for graphic design. our teacher says we are on target but that we could be more on target :confused: but she is usually lying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

It's only JC art.

• Advertisement

Gee Shrimp, we've never heard that before.

I think how on track you are depends on how fast you can do things, really. Some people could do the entire project in a couple weeks if they bothered, I'd say. Others just work slowly. Some people apparently can't take their work home from school, either, which... well, if I'd had to do that I'd likely have done abysmally in art. Go bringing things home to work on them. :)

Yes but it's still stressfull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

ah you dont know stress yet..

Thats reassuring! :eek:

Aye, JC art is more relaxed than LC art in that the only sitting exams you have are lifedrawing and object drawing, and you get plenty of time for them. For leaving cert you've got to do an entire painting in 3 hours, stuff like that.
    Still, because they give you so long to do the project in the JC (there is no project for LC art), it can be stressful because there's so much time given, so you assume they're expecting a very high standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I remember when we were going through the JC and my boyfriend was doing is art project. He didn't do a single thing in class all year and by the time the spring midterm rolled around he had everything left. He managed it though and got an A in ordinary.

Same thing with my JC home ec. projects, write ups, etc. All done the night before pretty much and managed a B in honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

we can't take much work home, wlell really i'm just way too lazy to bring it on the bus... also all those annoying people who get off at the next school get to read your name on your folder and call you it for ages...
    I agree with whoever said it is stressful... it really is, i totally freaked out when the titles came out! i can't wait to give it up after junior cert. i had my history pre today :eek:

I can't wait either to give it up after the jc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stress.of art

well its the night before the art has to be handed in and im still not finished! i know stress r wat! i have my painting done nd my 3d nd my option ,i have my option prep done ans my 3d but my painting i still need to colour in a pic of jimi hendrix and write his name in a font and then i still gotta do support studies! ahhh help my by send some pictures of of jimi hendrix and stuff that could work on the support studies to hi-hooter@hotmail.com thx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

any of my friends doing art are totally blown away by it, theyve nothing done!!!!and some dont have wood work done either(meant to be haned in last friday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

i have the following compleated:
    Prep for Painting
    Painting
    Lino
    Prep for Lino (nearly compleated just to do a few more things)
    3D Prep (that too just needs 1or 2 things added)

Im working on things for support studies now and I just have to stick everything down asap.

Our teacher is making us leave our 3D objects till after the date cause they arnt put in the envelope!
    Is anyone else doing this?
    I have most of mine done though, Its the prymid from the lourve.

Any ideas or tips or anything would be GREATLY appricated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

i have my 3d almost finished (made a puppet. just have to put the hair on) my lino is done, have to stick the letters of my graphic design down properly and i also have to print my support studies. all preps are done but the only problem is i've no ink in my pc :(

well its the night before the art has to be handed in and im still not finished! i know stress r wat! i have my painting done nd my 3d nd my option ,i have my option prep done ans my 3d but my painting i still need to colour in a pic of jimi hendrix and write his name in a font and then i still gotta do support studies! ahhh help my by send some pictures of of jimi hendrix and stuff that could work on the support studies to hi-hooter@hotmail.com thx!

the art doesnt have to be handed in untill tuesday. Thats the 1st of may like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 *~Blind Melon~*

Does anyone know what you have to write for the support studies on a lino print? Because I've got everything else finished but I have to get this done for tomorrow... :s

Isn't it just the one support studies sheet for Lino and 3d?
    Can't even remember what I did for mine... probably just vaguely related surrealist pictures (being as my project was based on surrealism) and little notes explaining how they inspired and aided what I did.

• Advertisement

its one support studies for the painting and one for lino and 3D

Im finished!! WOO! i never wrote anything on why I picked the theme though?? does that matter??!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mandude

I'm screwed. Only have a watercolour done. Supposed to be working on my lino right now, but I figured procrastination was more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ive not got done alot of it we had to do lino as the option

im on that now with NO 3d painting nearly done and prep sheets not done but ive a load of pics

i blame the teacher because i was stuck on the painting at christmas(had most of it done) but she refused to help me till it was done so i had no idea wha i was at then she finally helped me and told me to do 4 pics which i had done but forgot one day to finish work on the 4th so the next day i brought em all in and she wouldnt help me again for another week, that was a week ago so now im half way through the lino again because when she wasnt helping me i did half a lino and then she comes up and goes thats too small you may do it agin:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I finised it all today........I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 *~Blind Melon~*

Object and figure drawing tomorrow :eek: I missed the day when she told us the list of what objects we could draw and now I've no idea what I'm supposed to bring in :s anyone care to tell me what they are?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andrew mc

the themes r crap this year! anyone have ne ideas for me, im lost???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bongotimes

okay our class has done our graphic design/painting,and are doing the support studies sheet to match it..........THATS IT!!!!!:eek:DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DFOR THE SUPPORT STUDIES SHEET FOR A PAINTING???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭lolipops

im soooo behind! im still on my 2d graphic design! im only half way done that and i havn't even started my option or 3d! im freaking out! my whole class is behind though because my art teacher was out for like 2 months

Advertisement