Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scooter Trouble Help ! plz

• 06-02-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

i have had my aerox for a good bit now but im having small trouble kinda getting 2 me a little now hope people will help me a little

1. Its only goes about 50 - 60 kph is that okay should i be getting more ?

2. Should i get a sports exhaust, will that help the speed ?

3. Is there any problems i should know about with aerox's ?

4. Front part where the Speed clock and that is is coming lose i tighted it and still loose and breaking away wtf should i do ? :(

so any help will be much apriecated :D and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

50-60km/ph seems ok. It's a small engine. Only get worried if it starts smoking alot especially when the engine is warmed up or if you start loosing power.

Sports exhaust, why? If you want to go faster get a bigger engine. A sports exhaust will just make the scooter noisy but on an engine this size it's not going to give much power. If you want a noisy engine and different exhaust go for it but don't buy one for extra power.

People will say they can go faster on the same scooter but this is probably with a tail wind going downhill whilst being towed by a jeep.

Have you checked the fasteners/bolts on the clocks? Sone of them may be damaged. Make sure you don't over tighten them as they'll break. You may need new bolts if they have corroded. If the plastic has been damaged you could try something like car body filler or epoxy resin to fill it and redrill the holes. I'm sure someone else here knows what to do better than I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've had 2 of these in my time, very nice starter bikes.

The only way you'll get more speed out of it is if you get a garage to take the restrictors out. You'll need to inform your insurance company of this as it'll make the bike a group 2 bike.

There's no need for a sports exhaust on such a small bike. The performance will only increase minimally & you'll attract the wrong attention. ie. Garda & Thieves.

I'll answer 3 & 4 together. They are notoriously bad when it comes to speed clocks. I had to get them replaced on both my aerox. Another thing is to place grease on and around where the spark plug goes. I found that if you were driving in the wet it, the spark plug would get wet & then the bike would cut out. Top the grease up every once in a while if you've been driving in the wet.

If its still under warranty, go to the garage you purchased it from and Yamaha will replace the speed clock part which attaches to the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Cheers for all the help ! :D

Advertisement