Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Old Phones

• 06-02-2006 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where might be a good place to get old/used/refurb mobiles?

Myself and a few mates are after some for various reasons (Siemens SL55... Old Ericsson flip phones and the like) but other than e-bay (which has mad prices for very low end, low spec, second hand phones) we can't get them anywhere....

Anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Thanks for the PM Majic... :)

But was thinkin maybe an (on-line) shop, or something...

Anyone any more ideas?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've an old SL55. A couple of the buttons don't work (probably just needs cleaned) but apart from that it works perfectly. How about 20 euro.

(Apologies in advance to the Mods... I know this should probably go into the for sale/wanted mobiles section)

Which buttons exactly..? (it might suit...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

i could probly get you some 3310's, c65, old sagems that sort of thing, any use to ye?

Mainly after (from what I remember)

Sagem My c-4

Ericsson T28 / T39 / T29s (Whichever of those are Tri-band, I can't remember)

Siemens sl55

And maybe others, have to check...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Debbio, what sort of old sagems do you have? :)

I remember the Ericsson t28....wasn't that the grey flip one? I used to have it years ago, everybody was ultra impressed by its small size and flip front. Although now it would probably look bigger then most of the 3g phones available...!

Alot of unoffical repair shops sell second hand phones, I know the one in Galway above the joke shop does.

Even if you post on the FS wanted forum should be able to dig up a few old phones there :)

Hey HavoK, you wouldn't have a number (or even the name) for that place over the joke shop.

I'm out working in Parkmore every day and can't make it in to Shop St. before they close.:o

The SL55 has couple of sticky buttons: the top right and the down stroke on the central button. It may be locked to Meteor - have to check that.

Comes with a power cable.

Hhmmm... well, are the buttons still useable at all?

Let me know if its locked to Meteor though, as I'd need to unlock it and just wanna make sure I can get someone to do that locally.

Buttons are usable if you press them hard enough, Have to check if it'll take a different sim card.

• Advertisement

ÒK, well if you can double check about the SIM...

I'll check about getting it unlocked...

Presume your OK with posting it down, If I need to unlock it, say €15 if its unlocked, I'll pay the €20. OK?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I've never used the site, and the prices do seem to be a bit on the high side, but retrofone.co.uk has a good selection, including the Ericsson phones that you're looking for.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've an old T28. Still works fine. Pm me if you want it.

PM sent man...

:)

EDIT: Oops... should keep this on Thread... PM just asked is it the 'world' version/unlocked/etc...

@ Henry Ford III - Just checked, that ain't a Tri-band one, its the T39 I need to get. Thanks all the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No worries. It's blue - that's all I remember about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The T28 world did 900Mhz and 1900Mhz so works in America. Great little phone, although I had to replace the aerial.

ardmacha wrote:
    The T28 world did 900Mhz and 1900Mhz so works in America. Great little phone, although I had to replace the aerial.

Turns out you're right.... (Damn GSMArena bad info!:rolleyes: )

@ Henry Ford III - OK, so what kinda nick is the phone in? Ariel/Cover/unlocked, etc...

Could ya post a pic or two up?

@ Tazz T - Cash lodged at lunchtime :)

Advertisement