Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst supermarket in Limerick City only

Options
  • 06-02-2006 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Dunnes Stores on Childers Road. Not the Parkway

Run by a total and complete handicap. Dopey stupid asswipe. Needs 2 be put out of his misery ie a bullet to the head. Assistant managers are **** as well except 4 one or two. Think they are great cos there a manager. Get over hemselves. Love to beat the living holy **** out of that sumbitch!

How do I know this? I work there! :cool:
    :cool:
    :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Only popped in once for a sandwich and small pot of tea .... 6.00 euros as I remember :( .... still, it's slightly cheaper than downtown Tokyo I guess ;)

....they don't do veggie breakfasts on Sunday's do they? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I like that Dunnes, hate the one on Sarsfield Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

i love the dunnes in the jetland, they have everything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Run by a total and complete handicap.

What the hell is wrong with a handicapped person running a business??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

What the hell is wrong with a handicapped person running a business??
    i dont think he meant any offence to them
    anyway your problem seems to be with your co-workers not the store wwhich i think is a very good store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Run by a total and complete handicap. Dopey stupid asswipe. Needs 2 be put out of his misery ie a bullet to the head. Assistant managers are **** as well except 4 one or two. Think they are great cos there a manager. Get over hemselves. Love to beat the living holy **** out of that sumbitch!

1. go easy on the txt spk
    2. less of the use of the "H" word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

My only issue is All the supermarkets in Limerick city (Bar Londis)..I only moved here 3 months ago but was shocked to find i'd say 60-70% of the meats in the frozen section out of date ...and those that were in date were really off colour.
    I reported them to the IFS and they paid them a wee visit about 2 months ago (which i might add were very quick and efficient)...things are begining to slip again though...
    time for another call me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

i worked in jetland, store manager ******* ******* is a complete ***ker, not working there anymore. i would advise not to get a job there or any other dunnes part time or full time :rolleyes:

[Mod Edit - Name Removed..... no name dropping please.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

I noticed as well dat da management move from store to store. My uncle is a security guard and he caught my boss breaking into the Harvey's Quay office. My cousin is the main guy there, so if he caught him there was hell to pay.

Anyway everyone hates that fecker,(ie my boss) with his big grey lips!! Also everyone sticks their head up his hole, so they can suck the sh!+e out of the c**t

Ye shud drop in to see this p***k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Tesco Roxboro , without a shadow of a doubt the worst supermarket I have ever been in . Dirty , products out of stock , products out of date , and a very limited amount of lines .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the roxboro that place is just god awful manky dirty smelly and dont get me started on the parking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

where and what products were out of date?meat sounds serious or was it something small

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well I had 1kg of Chicken Fillets, Bacon + Sausages ,and some Turkey Mince..all looked good until thankfully they were so slow at the counter that I had all the time in the world to look at the dates...couldn't believe that all bar the Bacon were out of date by 5 to 10 days..And Bacon lasts for ages yet the date on that was to expire in one week.

I'd say they freeze everything and then restock the shelves....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well I had 1kg of Chicken Fillets, Bacon + Sausages ,and some Turkey Mince..all looked good until thankfully they were so slow at the counter that I had all the time in the world to look at the dates...couldn't believe that all bar the Bacon were out of date by 5 to 10 days..And Bacon lasts for ages yet the date on that was to expire in one week.

I'd say they freeze everything and then restock the shelves....

Should just go to any of the butchers in town, they're usually cheap enough and small enough to take care of their produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Standard practice for all experienced Shoppers .....

'always select age sensitive goods from the back of the shelf, and even then check the dates'

...... and tell a Supervisor on your way out that the next time you see out-of-date goods on the shelves your going to call 'HSE' .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Don't know bout the worst supermarket, but the worst service is Gleesons on Henry street. Well, not totally... I use it quite a lot, handy like and most of the staff are sound. But there is one little eastern euro beatch there who has a real attitude problem. Like she is doin you a favour for being there. She has pissed me and a few mates off on a few occasions. For instance, last week I bought some chicken. €3.69 on the sticker, took it to the till, beatch scans it. €3.99 she grunts. I says it's €3.69 on the sticker. She says "€3.99 machine, machine scan". So I tell her again, €3.69 on the sticker. She mutters something and turns to her colleague who tells her to just null the sale and key in €3.69 like whats on the sticker. Simple. She obliges reluctantly, while muttering and throws my change on the counter. I was fit to bitch slap her with the clingfilm wrapped chicken, but I didn't. Thought about it and I got a little satisfaction out of proving her wrong. I keep meaning to write to the manager, but... yadayadayada.
    So this gets my worst supermarket award.

rant over,
    moz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

I though the new Dunnes is really handy when you is havin a party at 3 in the morning and there is a cake run :D mmmm cake

Anyway the worst dunnes has to be the parkway. My sister worked in there last year and she was telling me some of the stories of what the managers were like. One guy was just creepy and he used to keep coming behind the till and rubbing off the girls as he walked past even though there was plenty of room to go around. That and the few times I've been in there the staff are right pr**ks like moz's girl. They seem to hate the Idea of helping a customer out when thats part of their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wouldnt hassle him too much, judging by this thread I would say you need all the job prospects that you can get.

jonski wrote:
    Tesco Roxboro , without a shadow of a doubt the worst supermarket I have ever been in . Dirty , products out of stock , products out of date , and a very limited amount of lines .

Its closing from what I hear.

Dont know why, but would assume due to competition from LIDL and ALDI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dpr

That place is just an absolute kip, and don't even get me on the new set up in the car park. my house is just down roxboro road, so if you need something in a hurry, then it's handy. but most of the time if traffic isn't heavy then we'd head to a different store.

A lot of the staff there are terrible. Some of them are fairly friendly, but there just seems to be a high preportion of them that look seriously depressed all the time, and have absolutely no manners. If it is closing down it's about time, that place needs to be gutted and re-built, preferable with lots of customer training for the majority of the staff.

I used to work in dunnes in the parkway when i was in college, some of the stuff that went on you wouldn't believe. All of the meet that was out of date went in a fridge in a room behind the meet counter. The guys who worked on the floor putting out the fresh and cooked meat (me included) would end up putting the out of date meat into this room. But some of the stuff could be there for weeks until the guys from denny etc.. came in. The only place to wash your hands was behind the counters, so most of the time you didn't bother as you'd be questioned as to why you were back there. Take my advice, stick to the butchers!

• Advertisement

dpr wrote:
    That place is just an absolute kip, and don't even get me on the new set up in the car park. my house is just down roxboro road, so if you need something in a hurry, then it's handy. but most of the time if traffic isn't heavy then we'd head to a different store.

A lot of the staff there are terrible. Some of them are fairly friendly, but there just seems to be a high preportion of them that look seriously depressed all the time, and have absolutely no manners. If it is closing down it's about time, that place needs to be gutted and re-built, preferable with lots of customer training for the majority of the staff.

I used to work in dunnes in the parkway when i was in college, some of the stuff that went on you wouldn't believe. All of the meet that was out of date went in a fridge in a room behind the meet counter. The guys who worked on the floor putting out the fresh and cooked meat (me included) would end up putting the out of date meat into this room. But some of the stuff could be there for weeks until the guys from denny etc.. came in. The only place to wash your hands was behind the counters, so most of the time you didn't bother as you'd be questioned as to why you were back there. Take my advice, stick to the butchers!

Hehe, yah, that car park looks like it was designed by a drunk and written on the back of a tayto packet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dpr

Jumpy wrote:
    Hehe, yah, that car park looks like it was designed by a drunk and written on the back of a tayto packet.

It's a joke, and for some stupid reason they decided to put a roundabout right at the entrance/exit on the roxboro road side. As if you needed any more reasons not to head into the place!!

Special mention has to go to the 24 hour maxol station on the dublin road across from singland motors; apart from getting bottles of buckfast after coming back from the nightclub it's a dump. I saw recently that they have a McCain oven chips vending machine. Seriously, wouldn't anyone be brave enough to eat chips from a vending machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

dpr wrote:
    It's a joke, and for some stupid reason they decided to put a roundabout right at the entrance/exit on the roxboro road side. As if you needed any more reasons not to head into the place!!

Special mention has to go to the 24 hour maxol station on the dublin road across from singland motors; apart from getting bottles of buckfast after coming back from the nightclub it's a dump. I saw recently that they have a McCain oven chips vending machine. Seriously, wouldn't anyone be brave enough to eat chips from a vending machine?

Once I had McCain chips out of a vending machine, I still regret it to this day. Also I hate the way they get away with selling bucky that late, some of my worst hangovers have come as a result of that place.

Roxboro has been a kip for as long as I can remember. I live pretty close and have been there less then ten time in my life. With good reason!

Roxboro turned into a kip because its owners was screwing the shop owners in there for rent, so they left. The place had empty units for decades.

At least now an effort to clean the place up is slowly taking shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Roxboro Garda Station is a smaller version of Letterkenny Garda Station.... wonder if this is a sign of things to come!!!!!!!!

Roxboro Garda Station is a smaller version of Letterkenny Garda Station.... wonder if this is a sign of things to come!!!!!!!!
    :confused:

huh? what has this to do with the shopping centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

not customer friendly. Rude. very bad . special offers dont always tot up on till and then customer service is dire!!!!many people myself icl. switched now to tesco. better service, friendlier staff and better prices. now thats not all staff but quiet a few at the tills at least. superquinn is very expensive but staff are great, very friendly. all in all though the best is tesco. staff are good, not as many as superquinn but prices are better..

i mean tesco in arthurs key. roxboro tesco is like something out of post wall down north west russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Im hating Superquinn in Castletroy, my local, the staff are rude, they never seem to have fresh anything anymore, when I head in around 5pm -ish all the nice fresh fish, meat, veg is gone... what is the point is staying open till 8/9pm is you are not going to provide for the people shopping at that time. Dunnes in Childers road is as bad. The staff in both places are rude, although Superquinn are worse. These days Im doing as much of my shopping as I can in Tralee at the wkends.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

I'd agree about the Roxboro Tesco's - dire! I'm glad to see ALDI opening finally across the road from it, but I haven't got in there to have a look yet... Trying to get in or out of there seems to be hellish! I pity the poor people trying to get out of there anywhere *near* rush-hours!

Superquinn is my favourite, but too dear to go regularly.

Dunnes (Jetland) nicely laid out, but Dunnes don't seem to give one rattlin damn about most of their staff - and customers notice it in the end.

Tesco Dooradoyle or Arthur's Quay comes out tops all-round I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

I started this topic and i totally agree with ye about it. Most of ye r on about tesco roxboro but have ye seen the mess by the TBA building across from ALDI. it's absolutely disgusting. Not only dat then, a hotel is goin up in Carew Park possibly a Hilton, cheap! (did u see Paris at the Oscars what a stuckup whore)

What a gr8 view rich clientelle wil have when they wake up on a Monday morning in the hotel and see the view of Budweiser cans & other ****e (both miscellaneous and the human kind) on the ground opposite them. Absolutely filthy. I was brought up in Janesboro all my life even though i never lived there. I can't imagine it being a dump cos it never was and never will be!

What do ye think lads?

From CPAFC

Advertisement