Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAG week tix question.

• 06-02-2006 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Since i'm a n00b, I don't really have any idea of how RAG week works. I'd like to go to some of the concerts, but don't know where to get tickets, or even how the process works.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's just a matter of going into the Students Union office at the top of the stairs in the Hub and getting them there. All you'll need is your Student card, possible some thing that has your age on it and of course, the money. :D

Once you have your ticket you can just show up at the events with your ticket but make sure and bring ID otherwise they won't let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

It's just a matter of going into the Students Union office at the top of the stairs in the Hub and getting them there. All you'll need is your Student card, possible some thing that has your age on it and of course, the money. :D

Once you have your ticket you can just show up at the events with your ticket but make sure and bring ID otherwise they won't let you in.

Excellent. Thanks for the help.

Hrm, theres no real point in starting a new thread for this little mini rant since along the same lines as the other topics.

Now as most of you know I usually defend the SU and most of what they do but even I'm pissed off with this. Basically I woke up this morning/afternoon, rather late admittedly, at 2.30 and didnt get to check my mail till around 3.30. Now imagine my surprise to find a lovely email from the SU saying that Rag Week tickets, including the Rag Trip tickets were on sale since 2pm. Now is it just me or is customary to give at least a day notice that they're going on sale, especially when some of them have extremely limited amounts of tickets for them? Luckily for me a friend was in the C&S Area and was able to get me one but other than that it would be angry e-mail city from moi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Ah the joys of being underage...I don't get to go to any SU stuff.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ah the joys of being underage...I don't get to go to any SU stuff.....:rolleyes:
    Aye, one of the main reasons I did transition year (which was optional in my school) was so I'd be eighteen starting college.

I picked up a ticket to Rodrigo y Gabriella today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Basically I woke up this morning/afternoon, rather late admittedly, at 2.30 and didnt get to check my mail till around 3.30. Now imagine my surprise to find a lovely email from the SU saying that Rag Week tickets, including the Rag Trip tickets were on sale since 2pm. Now is it just me or is customary to give at least a day notice that they're going on sale, especially when some of them have extremely limited amounts of tickets for them?
    When was the last time a DCU event sold out more than a week in advance (Socs ball not included)? I would have actually expected the tickets to be on sale from Monday, it was only when I went up to the reception that I saw a poster saying tickets were going on sale on Tuesday. Don't really see you having much of an argument

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I was 17 until March in first year... it was hell :(

All my mates were heading out and having fun and all I could do was stay at home or, more usually, work my ass off so I had about ten times the money they had since all I did was work and couldn't spend my money by going out :v:

So go get a job and bathe in the vast amounts of money you'll have and console yourself in the knowledge that you'll have your youth when you graduate

28064212 wrote:
    When was the last time a DCU event sold out more than a week in advance (Socs ball not included)? I would have actually expected the tickets to be on sale from Monday, it was only when I went up to the reception that I saw a poster saying tickets were going on sale on Tuesday. Don't really see you having much of an argument
    Well tbh, I wasn't in DCU until Monday and even then I wasn't near the SU Reception until today, after I had gotten my tickets of course. As I said in a previous post, my main gripe with this years and indeed last years SU was the complete lack of email notification that different events were on. Sure we got an email last week but it didnt say when the tickets were going on sale, nor did the various posters that were hund up since say when the tickets were going on sale. Never underestimate the power of an email sent well in advance tbh...at least in my opinion anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

well, it was in the student magazine which has been lying around for the last week, the ppl in su shops only knew becase they read it .maybe the ppl in ur shop are to busy or wouldnt be interested in readin those mag's.
    If this is not ur first year u've no one to blame , they wernt told they hardly go around with pagers to let them know of upcomming events.
    Anyway anyone looking for tickets aungerst still had a few at 5pm when they closed yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

s10 wrote:
    well, it was in the student magazine which has been lying around for the last week, the ppl in su shops only knew becase they read it .maybe the ppl in ur shop are to busy or wouldnt be interested in readin those mag's.
    If this is not ur first year u've no one to blame , they wernt told they hardly go around with pagers to let them know of upcomming events.
    Anyway anyone looking for tickets aungerst still had a few at 5pm when they closed yesterday.
    Translation?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

28064212 wrote:
    Translation?
    No idea, but one hopes s10 isn't one of DCU's finest communications students.

Man, I was pretty drunk last night and still made more sense...:D

Oh and FYI the SU Reception has nothing to do with sending those emails. :rolleyes:

Oh and FYI to the other person the last event to sell out apart from the Soc Ball was (afaik) the Rag Trip. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭markpb

Oh and FYI to the other person the last event to sell out apart from the Soc Ball was (afaik) the Rag Trip. :)

Pfft... what was that, 100 tickets? The socs ball was over 1,000. Lets start talking about real events ;o)

Heh, true but my point is that the Rag Trip is nearly always a guarenteed sell out and the SU know this so they should have at least given some notice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

s10 wrote:
    ......Anyway anyone looking for tickets aungerst still had a few at 5pm when they closed yesterday.

Er, this is DCU...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

NoelRock wrote:
    Er, this is DCU...
    Ah, s10 is a DIT student.

Well, at least the poor grammar makes sense now :v:

Ooooooohhhhh! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Anyone have any info on Andy Rourke?

No mention of what date he's on or prices in the most recent email.

I'd love to go see him so might pop into DCU tomorrow and see if I can get a ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fresher2005

he's playing on the Monday night... part of the whole Dance/DJ thing they're dong. i got my ticket on friday.
    really looking forward to seeing the chalets on wednesday though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

he's playing on the Monday night... part of the whole Dance/DJ thing they're dong. i got my ticket on friday.
    really looking forward to seeing the chalets on wednesday though

I got my ticket the day they went on sale. while it isn't the smiths, he was still a member. and i love the smiths. should be good tunes regardless.

and the chalets is going to be loads of fun. i'm excited for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement