Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smarttelecom trigger for greystones

Options
  • 06-02-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

hi folks,

i'm not going to advertise the smarttelecom broadband/phone service, but it is pretty good value.

in order to get the service expidited to charlesland, a number of people need to register their interest.

if you have 2 minutes and think it is good value for money.. register on the site below. enter your phone number and you'll be sent to a trigger alert page.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadband.php

who knows you might get free line rental for life!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

hi folks,

i'm not going to advertise the smarttelecom broadband/phone service, but it is pretty good value.

in order to get the service expidited to charlesland, a number of people need to register their interest.

if you have 2 minutes and think it is good value for money.. register on the site below. enter your phone number and you'll be sent to a trigger alert page.

Great idea, I wanted to go with Smart, but like you say, more interest required. Free calls to other Smart users, and cheaper Broadband thatn Eircom (who isn't!!) I'll register my interest and would encourage others to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Marcais wrote:
    Great idea, I wanted to go with Smart, but like you say, more interest required. Free calls to other Smart users, and cheaper Broadband thatn Eircom (who isn't!!) I'll register my interest and would encourage others to do the same.

Actually a good few aren't, as can be witnessed by the people reverting back to eircom. Anyhow, don't want this to turn into an eircom bating thread - the Ireland Offline forum is here on boards for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I'm glad someone has started this thread - its the best deal at the moment.

keith123 wrote:
    I'm glad someone has started this thread - its the best deal at the moment.

Eircom are trying to get old customers back, any idea what they are offering? Apparently the broadband's not too bad. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

I still say that BT do the best overall deal:~- €65 per month for free unlimited calls to any landline, local or national. No minimum call charge, 3 meg DL broadband with a 30 gig DL cap, and line rental. Not bad.

• Advertisement

IT Loser wrote:
    I still say that BT do the best overall deal:~- €65 per month for free unlimited calls to any landline, local or national. No minimum call charge, 3 meg DL broadband with a 30 gig DL cap, and line rental. Not bad.

Is there no Irish company that can match this ? :( and surely, if everyone went with Smart, that would be cheaper?

Marcais wrote:
    Is there no Irish company that can match this ? :( and surely, if everyone went with Smart, that would be cheaper?

That may be the case. Smart are having legal handbags with Eircom...and they are not able to work off all of the enabled exchanges. Hence the problem. In the mean time, BT are your best bet. Imagine are attractive but use Boiler Room type pressure selling to mask their inferior products. [Hidden charges etc]

hi folks,

Hi there.....do you know what exchange Charlesland is on? Thanks. I imagine [ha ha] that its on the Greystones exchange but I'm not really sure. I have to say that I like the cut of their jib but their Newtown exchange is not yet hooked-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As far as i know it the greystones exchange, my bro has Esat BT in his place down there and i am convinced he said he is on the same exchange as me, and i am on the greystones exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Hiya!

I've already done this on numerous occasions, but they have yet to connect to the Greystones exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

well, i just ended up going with utv again. took a while for them to connect me up, but this morning, i discovered the broadband had been activated. must have been waitin for the 1st of the month for billing, or something.

still might covert over to smart, if they ever sort the issues out with eircom re the lines and the fact you have to take a new number..

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Yeah, it's about time they got the finger out! :rolleyes:

Thats the killer....you have to get a new number. Sounds like nothing, but we used to have a number, lost it cos the line was disconnected, got reconnected and a new number with it.....all to just change again. Hardly worth it. Excellent product yes, but I would have to say that the aggro and downtimes in changing ISP are not really worth it.

Unless you're with Eircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

IT Loser wrote:
    Thats the killer....you have to get a new number. Sounds like nothing, but we used to have a number, lost it cos the line was disconnected, got reconnected and a new number with it.....all to just change again. Hardly worth it. Excellent product yes, but I would have to say that the aggro and downtimes in changing ISP are not really worth it.

Unless you're with Eircon.

save it for the Ireland offline forum.

And yes, Charlesland is on the Greystones exchange.

Advertisement