Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st venues in Cork?

Options
  • 06-02-2006 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hey every1, need ur help

just wondering if any of u know of decent venues to throw a small 21st in cork as in 30-40 people.
    or more importantly places to avoid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Mercury Lounge is ment to be very popular nowadays considering havin mine there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

upstairs in spailpin is always good they let you hire it out for €35 and you have the place to yourself. Upstairs in counighans is good too my gf had hers there... mercury is always packed though if its saturday night you'll have trouble getting ppl in there. clancys do really nice free food for ya also :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

le chéiles is a nice spot for a party, the babby sis had her 20th there before xmas and we had some classparties there. free food and bubbly if youve over 20 ppl or something like that, ask for dave. (who refuses to buy in rasa for me)

GAA clubs are grand if most of the guests are locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Red room/white room whatever they call it nowadays,back room of the bodega. Buddy had a 21st in there and twas good. Last one i was in town for though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Larry Tompkins has a room upstairs also!!

I'm in the same situation as yourself, My 21st is in April and I still havent booked somewhere!! Ooops!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I had mine in the Mardyke.. oh the memories.. or lack of:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Flannerrys in Glasheen road as good a spot as I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

western star is the BEST

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the star??? for a 21st? surley not!

you bringin the relatives stripes? or just the friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

thanks every1 for the suggestions, keep em coming. Yeah just friends, no relatives-i want to enjoy myslef like!

Im still as confused as ever though as to where i'll hav it. mardyke seems to be leader at the min

• Advertisement

era, youll find the aunts adn stuff can be as loony as the friends!!

waht day of the week you want it?? very busy weekend pubs are best avoided if you want it on a fri or sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

no its gonna be a week night, a tuesday or a thursday!
    cork pubs and clubs dont really do websites, thats annoying!

you'd prolly know most of them anyways from goin out the weekends sure.

prolly best avoiding places you dont know unless you're stuck.

when's the 21st by the by?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

spailpin's a magic spot for 21sts, had mine there, and my sister and my cousins also had theirs there..

the vineyard is pretty good too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Le Cheile. They'll cut off the back part for you up the steps, your own bar and everything. Great place to hold a 21st.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Le Puke, boring looking pub with a boring atmosphere

Tazzle wrote:
    Le Puke, boring looking pub with a boring atmosphere
    i really like it in there. every once in a while theres a load of young things (sub 19) turn up in there and i get confused. but generally i ove the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Looking for a 21st venue myself for the end of March for 20-30 people.

Spailpin seems to be a bit too big. The Vineyard have a grand room and bar upstairs for €100. Can hold about 80, would need about 40-50 people at least though.

Any other suggestions? Might try the Bodega. Le Cheile, Mercury Lounge etc are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I was at a great one recently in the top floor bar at the opera house, possibly expensive but i thought it was an excellent venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I dunno about a 21st, but I just organised a work do in the Old Oak, got the side bar (the new part, that's blocked off), we were a corporate event, so they didn't charge us, but you should check it out... it's not a big as the Spailpín either. (they also did food for us for €3 a head, sandwiches, onion rings, sausages, wedges etc...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Dimitri wrote:
    I was at a great one recently in the top floor bar at the opera house, possibly expensive but i thought it was an excellent venue.

My friend had hers here before christmas!! Yes... very expensive and very hard to get!! she booked hers the year before and only got it because her brother used to be manager or something!! I think it was €600 too for the night!!
    It is a good place alright if you can get it and your willing to pay that much for the place alone!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

€600? are you serious? that is atrocious. Thee is no ****ing way in hell i'm paying that much for mine, think i'll just have a house party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

I had mine in Flannery's a few years back. The room is free for the night, but they provide the food. They have 2 rooms. one holds about 100 and the other about 25-40.

I'd def recommend there. Not too far from town either.

Advertisement