Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbies Selling Phones

Options
  • 06-02-2006 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Goneshootin with your permission, I have a suggestion in regards to FS Mobiles as it seems that we have a lot of dubious characters coming onto boards selling there wares and basically trying to circumvent any charter etc...

I think Vexorg hit on this in the pass, but why not have a rule in place whereby a person has to have X amount of posts before he or she starts selling such items as we seem to be awash with Eastern European Scammers,Non National scammers and our own boggies here in Ireland.

I have been watching this section for a while and I have noticed the trend in first time posters just coming on to sell something and then no-one ever hears of them again...

This may need to be moved to Feedback but I thought I would spark it off here :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Moved from FS Mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

I'm with woody on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

woody wrote:
    and our own boggies here in Ireland.
    For example patrick murphy from phone-expo infamy. I wouldn't recommend phone-expo to anyone after the allegedly dodgy dealings he does And he continually tries to wiggle his way into FS mobiles to trade his gear. He certainly adds to the newbie count. Nice idea if possible.

What is the cut off point of posts?
    What would stop "scammers" from spamming in AH/Humour and other post++ forums to gain access?

There's nothing essentially wrong with someone with 1 post coming and only selling one item. Once that sale is a good one then it doesnt matter if they never come back.

All that said. The FS section is a valuable resource with huge traffic. Mobiles alone keeps me very busy daily. I know there are plans afoot to make ebay style changes to the FS section, but when these will happen is up in the clouds (punnage).

I know that when I go to purchase something on ebay I will never make the big bids for an item listed by someone with less than say, 30 feedback points, with a 97% or better rating, and all this only after going through past sales/bids.

Im not sure there is much point in spending time at fixing the current setup until the boardsBay [TM] GoneShootin system is done.

In the meantime I'd love to see the feedback system brought back but limited only the posts in the FS sections. If this was possible (via the Trader Rating System for vB, that I posted about ages ago) then that would keep me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

boardsBay [TM] GoneShootin
    Should be B-Bay[tm] Gordon (imo).

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    Should be B-Bay[tm] Gordon (imo).

Lets just stick to the issues!

boardsBay far better imho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

woody wrote:
    Goneshootin with your permission, I have a suggestion in regards to FS Mobiles as it seems that we have a lot of dubious characters coming onto boards selling there wares and basically trying to circumvent any charter etc...

I think Vexorg hit on this in the pass, but why not have a rule in place whereby a person has to have X amount of posts before he or she starts selling such items as we seem to be awash with Eastern European Scammers,Non National scammers and our own boggies here in Ireland.

I have been watching this section for a while and I have noticed the trend in first time posters just coming on to sell something and then no-one ever hears of them again...

This may need to be moved to Feedback but I thought I would spark it off here :)

:rolleyes: this sort of idea never works, people will just spam there way up to the ammount of posts needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Well a feedback system as from what we can all see there is more and more chancers lurking in the shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We really want to overhaul the classifieds area of the site this year. Honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement