Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Des Bishop

• 06-02-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

He playing in the Music Factory, but 30 a ticket? Wow...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

its 25 a ticket. im not goin though. hes on 23rd & 24th.

he was playin free 2 years ago in the canteen. and hes gonna do some of that same material. ill give this one a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redraider

Saw Des Bishop Saturday 4th at a charity gig in Drogheda, €40 ticket with Joe Rooney as MC, Barry Murphy ( or German Gunther ) Willo White ( from the Ballymun Joy in the Hood Show ) and er, Carmel .

White stole the show.

Bishop is going back to the US today for holidays so will not be doing any more shows for a while in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I remember he was in college before too bman. Didn't hear too much of it that time cuz the sound is so bad in the canteen. 25 euro is a bit much but I guess thats the way it is really. Des must be making a nice little earner these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

It's €25 plus booking fee which amounts to a grand total of 30 yoyos. don't see the point of paying that to see a show that was on tv a month or two ago. especially when I could be in the pub punishing my liver

ye, i agree. its not worth it. we should start a "Bash The Bishop" campaign to show we're not gonna pay them prices! whos wit me?

• Advertisement

liking it already. begin the bash the bishop campain at the strip show in the music factory tonight. ~Fook ye! strippers Woo Hoo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

daithimac wrote:
    liking it already. begin the bash the bishop campain at the strip show in the music factory tonight. ~Fook ye! strippers Woo Hoo!!!

stipshow??!

Yes word on the street is that there is a crew of strippers in the music factory tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

yeah heard that too that there was some appering there tonight

rumors that have been going around since last week iirc

ye there was male strippers last week i tihnk and then this week its the girls. tbh i'd prefer go to nexus. all the fellas will be goin the strippers so that'll leave less competition in nexus! hehe

• Advertisement

hmmm where have i heard that before ;)

way to go... now all d lads will be onto your plan though it could backfire as all the girls could realise that all the guys will be in mf so could go there!!

ye but would the girls really like to go somewhere where all the fellas will be bashing the bishop? dont think so. plus, most of the birds will be rotten so wont wanna be compared to the strippers.

So here's how it went.I was walking down Tullow street walking on the clouds. I was happy as Larry, on top of the world ma, like a kid in a candy store, like a fat guy in a pie eating contest. when bang, I'm confronted with the horrendus terror that is the fact that there were no strippers on in the music factory last night. I haven't been that gutted since I someone told me there's no such thing as God. Still suppose the silver lining is I saved enough money to get a ticket to go to Des Bishop instead. (just kidding went to Nexus instead!) Did anyone else head down only to have there hopes dashed like me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yep.....wasnt pleased. SOMEONE FIND OUT FOR DEFINITE!!!

Ah i was wondering if it was on or not as nexus was fairly packed so most people must have just ended up there after the dissapointment of the MF

what a bunch of flange!!

well, at least balkie scored!! hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Balkie scored?? What was his name????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Man, you lot are tight.

So you think that because he was free at one stage in his career, he should still be today? He's at the top of the Irish comedy ladder people, pay up or lose out.

*mutterings about hippy students and getting a job*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ShayK1 wrote:

ah well, theres no guy involved (except maybe our other male housemate), but i heard (and may have started) a vicious rumour involving one of our female housemates...he's a bit of a hoe really :D

ah well, theres no guy involved (except maybe our other male housemate), but i heard (and may have started) a vicious rumour involving one of our female housemates...he's a bit of a hoe really

yes you were the drunken idiot that started that very much untrue rumour which took up pace way too quickly for my likings.

ha f*cking ha.... shay your an ass!! Revenge shall be mine!
    what a bunch of flange!!
    well, at least balkie scored!! hehe

All i'll say to you is "Team America"

not get back on fecking topic and stop talking about me love life or lack of!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

yes you were the drunken idiot that started that very much untrue rumour which took up pace way too quickly for my likings.

ha f*cking ha.... shay your an ass!! Revenge shall be mine!

All i'll say to you is "Team America"

not get back on fecking topic and stop talking about me love life or lack of!!

bum basher :v:

Advertisement