Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

which crew cab to buy??

Options
  • 06-02-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hello All , I am due to get a company vehicle , has to be a commercial , anyone got any recommendations or advice on crew cab jeeps , so far i have looked at , nissan navara, ford ranger xlt,isuzu ?. mitsubishi l 200 and the toyota hilux , I have been told to stay away from the isuzu, anyone got any recommendations ??, at the moment i lm torn between th eford and the nissan, Fyi i need something with 5 seats so thats why im after the crew cabs.

thanks

zed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cardude

having been a passenger in the Navara, I wouldn't be a huge fan. I have driven a brand new Hilux though and I thought it was a lovely drive with the 3litre D4D. Even unloaded it wasn't at all bouncy which is a killer with most other crew cabs - they tend to be very loose without a load on the back. Nice seats and good equipment would lead me to the Hilux. Drive a few of them and see though...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Hilux is only available with a 2.5 D-4D engine. The 3.0 models offered for sale in Ireland are Thai "Vigo" models

Thai market Hilux Vigos may not have standard ABS, only have a drivers airbag on top of the range models, do not have passenger airbags, do not have seatbelt pretensioners, do not have child locks on rear doors of double cab, do not have rear centre headrests, have softer suspension on double cabs, less anti-corrosion protection and as far as I know aren't covered under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Yep you get no warrenty.If you want to go and spend 35k odd on a new car with no warrenty go ahead.But i wouldent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I owed a Navara for a year (bought it new) and jesus they are the worst thing I've ever driven.

I test drove the L200 and the Navara when I was buying and chose the Navara because it was the highest powered of the 2 .. and the L200 has a very dated interior.

Beware .. crew cabs drive nothing like Jeeps, they're more like trucks and you'll need a strong back :p

They're also quite dangerous without a load .. as they're rear wheel drive as standard and you can bounce the rear off the ground simply by hitting a pothole :eek:

TBH if I had to buy again .. I'd probably go for the Toyota or the Isuzu (I think it was the pre 2004 model that had a bad name) .. The Isuzu certainly looks better.

Also .. the Navara is due to be replaced very soon afaik.

Navara has been changed already, same front end as the Pathfinder, L200 changing in a few weeks too, looks good.

The main issue with the ride on the pickups is that they use leaf springs (instead of coils) they're very durable, but very bouncy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

colm_mcm wrote:
    Navara has been changed already, same front end as the Pathfinder, L200 changing in a few weeks too, looks good.
    Right, knew it was due to be replaced.
    colm_mcm wrote:
    they're very durable, but very bouncy
    Yep you can sing that. In fairness you'd pull a house down with one. But good advise I was given by many mechanics and the likes was to carry a couple of bags of cement in the back all the time.

v10 wrote:
    Right, knew it was due to be replaced.

Yep you can sing that. In fairness you'd pull a house down with one. But good advise I was given by many mechanics and the likes was to carry a couple of bags of cement in the back all the time.
    or get a canopy cover for the back

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

thanks guys , im thinking of the ford ranger xlt now , with the back canopy, Its no problem to carry a few bags in the back , im in the building game anyway , i drove the l200 and liked it though the ford was nicer , also drove the jeep commercial but cant use it as i need the seats in the crew cab , must bring the hilux for a spin too. ill keep you posted

er... isn't the Ranger the same as the Mazda B2500? as in the really old pickup?

Advertisement