Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

textin uk from 3

• 06-02-2006 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

whats the story with texting english mobiles, ? i have quiet a few freinds over there, doenst look like any of my texts are going thru? will this be resolved.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They may not have texting agreements in place with the networks your friends are on. Call customer care and find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

This is a reply I got a the start of Jan from them - may have changed since.
    Don't appear to be saying there is a non-delivery problem, only an over delivery..

Thank you for your e-mail and please accept may apologies for the delay in this response.

I am delighted to hear that you are thinking of joining 3. At the moment there is no issue in sending and receiving SMS from domestic networks. For international SMS the process is slightly different. When a message is sent from one network to another, the receiving network should send us a response message to confirm the recipient has received the message. When this happens between international networks, there can be a delay in this response message reaching us, which can lead to our network resending the message a few times until we get the conformation of delivery. If this does occur, the sender is not charged for any duplicate messages, only the original message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Three don't have a deal with vodafone outside of Ireland. So if your friends are with them in the UK you are out of luck.

It is even worse in the case of spain, you can't send texts to any network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

If you read back on my previous postings I joined 3 the first day they went live . I havnt been able to text my mates in UK since then (August 2005)!!! When I rang 3 they said it would be a matter of weeks before it was set up. So its still not done and I have to use my Vodafone ready to go for 90% of my International texts!!!

Research carefully who you can and cant text in UK before you switch is my advice!!!

Advertisement