Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Info On Korg Electribe MX

• 06-02-2006 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

I was at a gig a few weeks ago and saw a band called 'Channel One'. The singer had what I can only describe as a box-shaped instrument in front of him. (As you can tell from my lack of terminology, I'm knew to the electronic scene, apologies ). Anyway I liked really enjoyed their performance and presumed that the extra drum tracks and generally that extra sound was coming from some sort of synth/sequencer/drum track.

So in the last few days, i've been to music maker looking at different synths. I came across a Korg Electribe MX. When I asked the guy working there about the synth, he started ramblin on and I basically just nodded and pretended I knew what he was on about. But as you guessed, I don't have a clue..

What I want to know is, can/do you hook a keyboard up to the synths. Do they have drum sounds programmed in or would you get that separate and can you record onto them. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

no sampling on the mx

jsut synthesis, but you can program some serious drums on it anyway

the synth itself in it is pretty good, and the sequencer is a piece of piss to use

get it if you fancy programming stuff, get the sx if you wanna use samples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Cheers Helix, Handy bit of information.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

does anyone know if the elecrovibe 'children' (so to speak) are any good. I mean the ones without tubes and all that, which are on sale for a fraction of the sx & mx? I've heard mixed reviews.

i have an er1 mk2

its a great little drum machine, but im selling it coz i bought an mpc4000 for 1750 quid

id definitely recommend it tho

the es1 is meant to be decent enough as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 complex

have 4 of the older models, they are very versatile, the ones with synth parts are exellent sequencers for modules,
    real easy to set up, although you cant record chords coz they are mono synths i.e. one note at a time.
    would deffo recomend the newer valve ones, they sound awesome

• Advertisement

cool. got to get my hands on one of the valve ones so. ...right after i pay for an outragously expensive computer i'm buying!

how much are you letting your er1 mk2 go for btw helix?

its sold now im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I was warned on a different forum to stay WELL away from the EA-1 Mk.I - it was supposed to sound like crap, even for an analogue synth.

ah fair enough. I'll wait to get the mx or sx or something. Actually, do you guys know which one is better? (sx vs mx i mean)

Advertisement