Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3 Roaming

• 06-02-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

What is the criteria for getting roaming on 3? How long do you have to be with them? Is it easy to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Don't think there is any?

I went abroad last week and got a network ok.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its set up for eveyone. whether or not it works in the country you're going to is another thing. where you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am going to the UK next month. I thought there were further credit checks?

Nope

I went to the UK and got signal from 3UK and T Mobile while I was there....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Jam Man wrote:
    Nope

I went to the UK and got signal from 3UK and T Mobile while I was there....:)
    Same as me and i was only with them a week so im sure youll be fine

• Advertisement

Is there any european roaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

Yeah there is. Here's a link to the roaming page on 3's website. According to this you can roam in 39 countries around the world (hasn't been updated since well before Christmas though), but whether this is true or not is a different thing. Some people on here have reported no service in areas where 3 claim to have roaming agreements in place.

http://www.three.ie/ireland/iexplore/icoverage/intIndex.omp

Ciaran

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

in spain at the moment its crap
    you cant send of recieve a text and its so expensive to make/recieve a call
    best bet is countries with 3
    like UK and Hong Kong (all i botherd to look up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Guys make sure you are aware of the charges!!!! They are very expensive!!! Its worth using a ready to go on Vodafone passport as its only 79c to receive a call whatever the time your on and when you make a call its only 79c for connection then you are billed as if you are at home !!! I only use my 3 phone in Ireland and carry a Motorla E770V on ready to go for all other calls / texts and roaming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

hello
    im having problems with my three handset (coverage wise),,, and to make matters worse they told me that if i go to france, and even if i divert all calls to voicemail in ireland before i go , then turn on the handset in france, eachtime someone tries to call me i will get charged,, 1 euro and something for each time someone calls...there goes the idea of receiving txts and not geting charged for roaming..

with vodafone and o2 u dont get this problem!!!

worst mistake i ever made was buying a three handset.:mad: :mad:

That's crap

Only if you answer will you get charged, and only if you retrieve your voicemails whilst roaming on another foreign network will you be charged for that.

If you divert to voicemail and don't pick them up until you're back home you won't get any additional charges.

Did someone at 3 tell you that??!!:confused:

Advertisement