Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief on Part time education

Options
  • 06-02-2006 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

I think I heard somwhere before that if your working full time and doing part time study on the side that your entitled to some tax relief.

Any trurth in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is but you need to check with the college/revenue. Not all courses are recognised. It only applies to courses that are 2 years or longer. 25% of fees as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Ah flip , Im doin 2 lots of course one from Feb to June and one from Sept to Dec , bloody thing is costing 3,500 euro , thought I might be able to claim something back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Ah flip , Im doin 2 lots of course one from Feb to June and one from Sept to Dec , bloody thing is costing 3,500 euro , thought I might be able to claim something back.

Give Revenue a bell. Price of a call and you might be lucky. ;)

is_that_so wrote:
    Give Revenue a bell. Price of a call and you might be lucky. ;)

Will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭positron

• Advertisement

positron wrote:
    Thanks for the link :)

Its a bit clearer than other stuff Ive found on the net about this , its so damn hard to get the revenue on the phone during my break :rolleyes: ah Ill get them in the end :)

Advertisement