Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Maybe stupid question! - Newbie

Options
  • 06-02-2006 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Just sold my old car last week and got a new one. Its a 01 accent. Lovely condition just resprayed silver.
    Ive never been into the whole boy-racer scene, nothing wrong with it just not for me.
    But i was wondering about putting the blue led lights in parking lights and the windscreen sprayer thingys.
    whats the legality of them. like they all say for off-road and show use only but I see loads of them around. Do gaurds take a bad view to em or turn a blind eye??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Ginger83

One question?an 01 car, why the respray?
    I used to be into the racer scene, got pulled by the guards one day ( depends who you get) was told the only vehicles allowed on the road with blue lights on any part of the vehicle were the gardai and emergency services, made me take them off!
    Most turn a blind eye if you do not act the maggot and look for trouble, like over loud exausts, non-visible strips covering half the front window, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Apart from the fact that every "boy racer" would laff at you and call you a "ricer" for said mod's,they are actually illegal.Only legal colour lights for the front are white + yellow.

Tbh there more hassle than there worth and scream tackyness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 theblaahead

no worries! thanks for the clarification. thats what i thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Why was the car resprayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I wondered the same thing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement