Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

french mocks

Options
  • 06-02-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

anyone do their french mock yet?wats the paper like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

From what I heard it's supposed to be relatively ok and doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Bloody hell, if there's any subject I am dreading it is French. Doing mocks week after next and the essay questions and most of the tape are a total puzzle to me. I hope it is do-ablel !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i had mine last friday and it was hard enough but do-able. the reading comprehensions were quite difficult but the composition are ok-violence came up, the differences between france and ireland and something about is reading worthwhile in the technology era type thing.
    listening was reaaly easy for the first part and then really hard for the later sections

I was thinking violence will be a big one for this year, especially with all the riots late last year in Paris. But my teacher is strongly drilling vocabulary on rascism into us - she's convinced it's up this year. But who knows, only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

anyone doin ordinary? what came up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I had mine today. (H)... the comps were a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Muiriosa wrote:
    I was thinking violence will be a big one for this year, especially with all the riots late last year in Paris. But my teacher is strongly drilling vocabulary on rascism into us - she's convinced it's up this year. But who knows, only time will tell.
    yup mine is doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

Our French paper was ok, twas relatively easy like and we got no hints

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

well id recommend learinin the note....and feminism, sport and working life....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

foogirl wrote:
    anyone do their french mock yet?wats the paper like?
    Pink, with words on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 foogirl

on mine was:the differences between french and irish schools,violence,something about working conditions and feminism.comprehensions werent too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Understandably it would be hard for people to remember...

But did anybody get the Aural (Listening) exam that had: (Honours)

In the first section, about a french girl moving to ireland, the second section, a university phychologist talking about Rock'n'Roll and the major events in france in the 60's + 70's, and in the final section there was news items about a boy who swallowed something and the european constitution and britain?

If anybody recognised this, let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Gazza22 wrote:
    Understandably it would be hard for people to remember...

But did anybody get the Aural (Listening) exam that had: (Honours)

In the first section, about a french girl moving to ireland, the second section, a university phychologist talking about Rock'n'Roll and the major events in france in the 60's + 70's, and in the final section there was news items about a boy who swallowed something and the european constitution and britain?

If anybody recognised this, let me know
    i got that...and the little boy swallowed a plastic spoon!!!

He sure did!!! lol

I was asking because if it's the same Aural, then it's the same company paper.

What is the written paper like? I haven't done it yet....can you remember the ecrit? Are the comprehensions easy/difficult?

comprehensions are easy! there was a diary entry - your on an exchange to france and you have to talk about the differences between france and ireland! Q1 b was about the working conditions today, the animations were on feminism and on reading and there was another one about no sporting heros today! that's all i can remember right now

Thanks alot abercrombie! ;)

I'm looking forward to the paper, because it doesn't seem too hard...i have stuff already prepared on Ireland, France and on working...so i should be fine! And with easy comprehensions....:)

good luck gazza!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

French was okay for me. I had the same paper as everyone else, it seems. Acceptable enough, it has to be said. Glad feminism came up. It's easy to write on.

The tape exam was definitely more difficult in the later sections, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I got 65% in Higher Level French. The paper we got was very doable, and I was over the moon with my result, having been getting Ds and low Cs all year until recently.

It just makes me think, if I can increase my grade so much in a few months, what if I had been studying since 5th year? Man, 600 points would have been very achievable.:(

OctavarIan wrote:
    Man, 600 points would have been very achievable.:(

What planet you living on? :p

• Advertisement

Great news for anyone who does not like French...
    I did my French yesterday and I was really happy with it. If anyone has noticed I have another post on this thread from not so long ago saying how much I was dreading it... well it went great. If I can do it, anyone can! The comprehensions were handy compared to many in the exam papers, the tape was very doable and "hot topics" came up in the written sections such as feminism, violence, war and immigration.

Very happy with this exam!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

got my results for this exam yday-b3 and im not particularly good at french so anyone yet to do it-dont worry itll go much better than you think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 piggy

Hey can anyone tell me is the letter informal or formal please? Or would i be better off concentrating on the note? Finally reaching the end of the mocks tomorrow,just gotta get through french.

i can't remember what the letter was in my paper but the other option was a diary entry...MUCH easier as you can use slang and everything as long as you put it in << >>! i say focus on that instead

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

piggy wrote:
    Hey can anyone tell me is the letter informal or formal please? Or would i be better off concentrating on the note? Finally reaching the end of the mocks tomorrow,just gotta get through french.

no letter came up, just a note, i was just the usual stuff ie the electrician called, wants you to ring him etc

Im really bad at french normally, but managed to get an A2 somehow in this paper!

I'm actually going to do a U-turn here and say that I am now very worried about the french... My teacher says that this mock exam was far too easy too be true! I was gobsmacked! She just shattered my whole idea that I had done well and could do so again in June...
    Oh, why are teachers so cruel sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

piggy wrote:
    Concentrate on the diary. Comes up every time. Just be really emo and you;re flying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

did anyone get the french paper with the aural about a girl who takes up smoking??

Raphael wrote:
    Pink, with words on it

OLOLOLOL **** off would you and get a life.

• Advertisement

OLOLOLOL **** off would you and get a life.
    that's not very nice! you're relatively new here..you shouldn't speak to the older wiser posters like that!
    :D

Advertisement