Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Scam

Options
  • 06-02-2006 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

This's probably been posted before, so apologies if it was very recently.
    It's a long read, but it's well worth it. Genius if you ask me :) .

The Great Scam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Only got as far as Chapter 5, but I really dunno what people see in that game, I played it for a while and god was it boring, probably because I like land to land fantasy type combat rather than spaceships...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

LMFAO! This is a classic.

"ENOUGH OF THIS DAMNED GAME!!" I shouted, my booming voice causing a freshly awoken dog to begin howling at the day. I jogged to my computer and started Eve Online. I flew my starter ship out to the closest asteroid field and struck up a conversation with a player named Frosttt.

Me: Hi. What would you say if I were to offer you 300 million isk?

Frosttt: id say it was pretty kool lol

I wired the credits to him and logged off.

I never logged back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Very old article. 300 million is a pittance nowdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Indeed, I think I read that more than a year ago .....scams like this going on ALL the time ... 300mil isk, hehehe ... About the cost of heavy assault cruiser kitted out.... Lot of cash ingame now though, our corp mined more than 1bil isk of minerals in a single day (last Sunday) as well as ~1200 ice for our POS ... :eek:

And didnt I hear of a BPO that sold for 45billion ISK? ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

BigEejit wrote:
    And didnt I hear of a BPO that sold for 45billion ISK? ..

Titan BPO's sell for 65b on the market. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the newer tech II ship bpo's where going for that much. I can't imagine what a Cargo Expander II BPO would sell for should it ever come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Cool great read.

Read another EVE scam a while back.
    Some corp was hired to kill the CEO of another corp.

They spent months infiltrating the enemy corp and rising the ranks when they did an all out assault.

Cant remember the link but such time and effort that go into these scams.

Well written article too.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Read that a good while ago. Classic read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

it was that article that got me to start playing eve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Read another EVE scam a while back.
    Some corp was hired to kill the CEO of another corp.

They spent months infiltrating the enemy corp and rising the ranks when they did an all out assault.

Cant remember the link but such time and effort that go into these scams.

Well written article too.

http://www.mmodig.com/?p=155

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

jaggeh wrote:
    it was that article that got me to start playing eve :D

Lol me too, when I first read it a while back. Downloading the client at the moment, and going to subscribe and play proper this time (free trial the first time around).

What BrokenArrows mentioned makes me want to play it even more. Corporate sabotage here I come! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Spike wrote:
    Lol me too, when I first read it a while back. Downloading the client at the moment, and going to subscribe and play proper this time (free trial the first time around).

What BrokenArrows mentioned makes me want to play it even more. Corporate sabotage here I come! :D

That will take a year at least.

Advertisement