Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yet another insurance question!

Options
  • 06-02-2006 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

im just wondering what the story is with my situation.
    i recently went from a 1.1L car to a 1.6L, paid the extra money that was required. now i had to get rid of the 1.6L because it turned out to be a pile of junk. ive just bought a 1.2L. my question is, will i be credited the money that ive paid on the 1.6L, like will it be put off my policy for next year??
    cheers
    Em:D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Perhaps. Depends on your insurer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

They will probably send you a cheque, but will probably take a cunk out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

I used to work for a large insurance co for a while, they would refund the difference, no extra is charged for processing it. it would just be too much hassle to keep it on credit anyway, so you can expect a cheque!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

I bought a 2.2 petrol car two weeks ago and I paid Quinn Direct an extra €110. The following week I had to t/f back to my Corsa for a couple of days as I was getting the Accord serviced. I had to do a permanent t/f as I was the registered owner of both cars. They would only give a €50 refund. Then yesterday, it cost me €85 to t/f back to the accord although I was told the week before they wouldn't hit me with a charge for changing back, ie they would just keep the €50. In a nutshell, the inusrance co. will probably ensure they keep a chunk of your money

Advertisement