Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy jam jars??

Options
  • 06-02-2006 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone knows where you could buy empty jam jars in ireland in bulk if possible??

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I hope you don't mean cars.

http://www.ebottles.net/showbottles.asp?familyid=36

They deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is usually far cheaper to buy jars and empty and clean them. You get 680ml jars of carrots for about 80c in tescos, they clean up well, pickled stuff smells more. You should wash the lids and soak in baking soda to remove any off flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I think since Irish Bottlers closed a couple of years ago, the only glass company (set up when I.B closed) is one of Sean Quinn's companies up in the North of Ireland.

Can't be of any more help, but I'm sure Google can help you further narrow the field for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My mother has about 90 billion of the féckers stored in an outhouse. :D You'll have to collect though.

Tesco value range has tonnes of things in glass jars for approx 60c upwards (sliced beetroot for instance). that might be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dudara wrote:
    approx 60c upwards (sliced beetroot for instance). that might be your best bet.
    Yep I checked all of tesco before and it is the cheapest per volume, but it is pickled so the taste/smell is a bit harder to remove. I think it is €1.50 for a 1kg jar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Borrow some from the local recycling centre and wash and sterilize them and use grease proof paper and elastic band to keep in whatever home produce you are doing!

Blackberry Jam or Chutney I betcha :)

Advertisement