Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI graphics card problem...

Options
  • 07-02-2006 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not very knowledgable about computers, maybe its a simple fix, but I cant sort it and hope someone here can help me.

My Toshiba laptop has an ATI mobility Radeon 7000 IGP card and until lately, what would happen is, the computer would freeze, then all of a sudden I'd get a message saying the graphics drivers has failed and I should reboot, at that all the graphics on the computer would go, the icon would get massive, pictures scattered etc etc. Upon restart I was told that to fix the problem I'd have to download updates for the driver, which I did. And even now, the graphics are still 'bitty' you can see all the pixels in them and the colours dont blend, they are solid blocks of color etc, as well as watching DVD's etc, everything is blocky and its annoying.

Any advice or help to get things back to the way they were? A system restore doesnt help and I tried re-installing the graphics card to no avail.

Many thanks,

CroppyBoy1798

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Make sure before you install new drivers to completely uninstall the old ones then reinstall.

If still no difference then the card is gone. Most of the time when you get artifacts in game/dvd its the gfx card on its last legs. Which tbh, means the end of the lappy as well.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

No idea if this will work but try install the omega drivers for ATI :)

Advertisement