Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathory

• 07-02-2006 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Personally, I have a huge respect for this band for all their contibutions to black metal and viking metal. They're a pretty essential influence for a lot of my favourite bands.

What do y'all think of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Their excellent once you get used to the fact the music was all recorded in a bin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

haha, nicely put. Bathorys influence and importance cannot be denied, tho i need to further my collection before i can give a full opinion. i have the first 2 albums, and i likes, must get more tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

I only have Under The Sign of the Black Mark, I didn't like it much at first but I love it now. I'll have to pick up more of their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

It took me a while to get into "Blood Fire Death". But I love it now. Especially "A Fine Day to Die". One of the best songs ever written in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭GASUN

Just stumbled onto this thread - had the albums and now the CD's including best of's etc. Overall, theres something fantastically experimental about Bathory. Cuts the mustard for me.:v:
    ENDA
    www.gasun.net
    Music Photography

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭moshmonkey666

Bathory, Legend! thats all that needs saying!

Advertisement