Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo & mp3 player question

Options
  • 07-02-2006 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to hook an mp3 player up to a car stereo if the stereo has a cd player?

I know it's possible with a tape adaptor but was just wondering if it's possible with a cd player :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You can get them in the new argos catalogue, not cheap though.

Toyota and Lexus are putting in inputs into some of their cars now to hook mp3s up to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You can buy short range FM transmitters that let you pick up the MP3 player on the radio. Alternatively some (not many though) car stereos have an auxilliary input.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

blastman wrote:
    You can buy short range FM transmitters that let you pick up the MP3 player on the radio.

I have one of these and it works a treat wit hmy ipod - loads of them on Ebay for about €15

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

What are they like, re size, reliability, sound quality? I bought my gf a Zen micro for her 21st thinking she could use it in her car but her parents bought her a new car with a CD player, not sure what kind of device to use...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They're all much the same to be honest. Someone here said that Power City (OPEN TIL 9PM EVERY NIGHT!!! :D ) do them now, though I thought they were technically illegal. You could try there.

They do tend to work better if the aerial is near the front of the car, and I'd try to get one with a good range of frequencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i put a sony radio in my car, and noticed an aux input, so i used a 3.5jack to phono cable and i can use my zen now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

There is a company making adaptors that fools stereos into seeing ipods as cd changers. Work very well apparantly. The apple site sells them for a few car makes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Check the stereo for any inputs
    aux or CD Changer

Chances are if it has some input you'll be able to play the i-pod through the stereo

This option is better than an FM transmitter if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Sparky-s wrote:
    i put a sony radio in my car, and noticed an aux input, so i used a 3.5jack to phono cable and i can use my zen now.

Exact same as me and works like a dream as theres only one wire

Advertisement