Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap imports and rear fogs?

Options
  • 07-02-2006 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if rear fogs are a requirement in Ireland? I know they are in the U.K.

I just bought an import Mazda and it has no rear fogs (that I can find anyway, no switch!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

what kinda Mazda is it???

Seems unusual that it wouldn't have rear fogs at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

It's a Mazda MPV, 7 seater

Not really looked at the rear light clusters that closely, but I can't find a switch inside.
    Was told that most Jap imports don't have rear fogs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

Hey, I have a jap import, it doesn't have rear fogs and I've never been questioned about it...I reckon ur ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Cheers, thanks for the replies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

:eek: Either they don't get any fog in Japan (doubtful), or else they are up to something - probably inventing a giant fog machine!

BTW, 'Jap' is non-PC these days - 'Japanese' is kosher though. :cool: Closest smiley I could find. |-) or maybe

/-), or \-( ???

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

not required for Irish NCT , if the car wasn't factory fitted with fog lamp.

but have to fit them in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

And nearly all Japanese cars don't have them (don't think I've seen one yet, anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

blastman wrote:
    And nearly all Japanese cars don't have them (don't think I've seen one yet, anyway).

i think you meant jap imports:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

*sigh* Yes

I think you meant to f€ck off! :D

Advertisement