Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart BB upload problem

• 07-02-2006 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Was using smart BB at the weekend. Unfortunately the alleged 6mb until 15th Feb had disappeared after a week.

However I noticed an unusual problem that I can't understand. When I do any othe speed tests adslguide, irishsiptest and the smartBB one they show the download speed but the upload just sits there. Also some normal uploads like web page / ftp uploads seem to crash out. Anyone see something like this happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Was using smart BB at the weekend. Unfortunately the alleged 6mb until 15th Feb had disappeared after a week.

However I noticed an unusual problem that I can't understand. When I do any othe speed tests adslguide, irishsiptest and the smartBB one they show the download speed but the upload just sits there. Also some normal uploads like web page / ftp uploads seem to crash out. Anyone see something like this happening?

The increased speeds are still there - I just got 5Mbs down and 508kbps up but my line has been shown up by the increased speeds and sadly isnt up to it:mad: I am amazed how much it can vary from day to day.

Have you checked the quality of your line? Have you tried posting in the smart support forum to see if anyone else has similar problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I thought so... I couldn't upload at all until tonight. I did the tests and was showing poor download too 274kpps tonight. The upload is still very dodgey but is now working...was not at all all weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

my line is very stable, too bad it only gets 500kbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

dub45 wrote:
    The increased speeds are still there - I just got 5Mbs down and 508kbps up but my line has been shown up by the increased speeds and sadly isnt up to it:mad: I am amazed how much it can vary from day to day.

Have you checked the quality of your line? Have you tried posting in the smart support forum to see if anyone else has similar problems

A week previously it was happily chugging along at 6 mb but it is fixed at 2 mb down now however the Smart Speed test shows it at 3.4mb but I don't trust that somehow.

I just don't get why the upload tests don't work. Something amiss in any case. Perhaps the modem has to upgraded with the latest firmware albeit it is only installed three weeks ago.

Advertisement