Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win98broadband settings

• 07-02-2006 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hey any u techsavvy people on de boards enlighten me as 2 how 2 get my network settings working in windows98.normally let XP sort that stuff,but my pals older laptop needed a reinstall.now i cant get into ie for love nor money. ray.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 weebhoy

k,

reinstalled, got network(card) drivers installed?
    Using standard Lan/Network eircom/esat hub, no usb version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Please dont double post and if you want to ask a question do so in "non-text message" in future...please!

Just get the network card installed properly with supported driver, then make sure the connection is automatically detecting settings.
    I could give you more exact data for DNS IP's but you never said which ISP you are connected to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 razorday

weebhoy wrote:
    k,

reinstalled, got network(card) drivers installed?
    Using standard Lan/Network eircom/esat hub, no usb version?
    yes.thanks.problem is reinstalled win98 on dellP2 laptop.now i cannot access internet.using BTBB 2MB on USB.just keeps tellin me cannot connect to server?

zuma wrote:
    Please dont double post and if you want to ask a question do so in "non-text message" in future...please!

Just get the network card installed properly with supported driver, then make sure the connection is automatically detecting settings.
    I could give you more exact data for DNS IP's but you never said which ISP you are connected to.
    yes,humblest apologies,ZUMA.hard to find my way home at 4.am,letalone find my way round the boards.im trying to use USBport, as my pccard ethernet is not working too well.BTBB 2MB .works fine on my XP system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

razorday wrote:
    hey any u techsavvy people on de boards enlighten me as 2 how 2 get my network settings working in windows98.normally let XP sort that stuff,but my pals older laptop needed a reinstall.now i cant get into ie for love nor money. ray.

Are you using Windows 98 SE (Second Edition)? I don't think USB works properly on normal Window 98. Also isn't there a special installation CD that comes alond with the ADSL modem and that you need when using USB for your broadband connection?

• Advertisement

bhickey wrote:
    Are you using Windows 98 SE (Second Edition)? I don't think USB works properly on normal Window 98. Also isn't there a special installation CD that comes alond with the ADSL modem and that you need when using USB for your broadband connection?
    yes,win98SE.also installed iolbb drivers from adsl modem/router cd.cant connect at all.very strange.or maybe not!ray

Advertisement